207. Trick

Natsu eats the black fire after emptying his MP reserve. Ben's clone & Zancrow who see it get surprised. But Ben's clone gets an understanding about how Natsu can eat the black fire while Zancrow doesn't understand at all.

As a Dragon Slayer, Ben's clone understands how Natsu's power works. When Natsu eats the black fire, he gets a realization of why Natsu can eat it just now. Natsu might do it because of his battle instinct, but Ben's clone knows the reason.

'The God Slayer's flame is a tier above Dragon Slayer's flame, that's true. But that's not the reason why Natsu couldn't eat it before. It's because when Natsu still has his MP, the eating process didn't go well,' thinks Ben's clone.

When eating elements, Dragon Slayer & other Slayer types transform the element into their MP. The new MP will match their Slayer type and become their MP. But lower-tier Slayer Mage can't eat from the higher tier because they can't transform the MP to match theirs.

It's like using better fuel for a car when you usually use cheap fuel. That is good but it also tends to cause trouble for the machine and it's not effective. The solution is to clean the fuel tank and all the machine parts before changing the fuel type.

Well, that's the best comparison that Ben's clone can think of. The main point is that Dragon Slayer can't absorb God Slayer's magic when they still have their magic inside their body. Both types will clash and God Slayer magic will win because it's of the higher tier.

But when the magic storage is empty, the God Slayer's magic won't clash with anything and the Dragon Slayer's body will be able to absorb it. Their body will adapt to the God Slayer's magic and absorb it faster because there's no clash of power.

Even so, Ben's clone still thinks that it also depends on their strength. He has a hunch that he can eat the black fire without emptying his MP reserve. It's because his body & MP storage is far stronger than Natsu so he will be able to consume the black fire immediately. But he needs to test it to make sure of this.

Ben's clone intercepts Natsu's battle to test it before Natsu defeats Zancrow. Now that Natsu knows how to handle Zancrow, he will be able to win. So Ben's clone needs to do it now or he won't have another chance.

"What are you doing, Ben?" asks Natsu as Ben stands in front of him.

"Sorry, I just want to test something. It won't take too long, so just wait for a moment," says Ben's clone.

He walks toward Zancrow and taunts the guy to attack him. Zancrow gets irritated and attacks Ben's clone by shooting black fire from his hand. Ben's clone just takes it and he is surprised that he gets hurt by the fire.

But it's not as painful as he thought after seeing Natsu getting hit by this fire multiple times. It's just slightly hot & painful, like holding a glass filled with hot water. This is still bearable and not something that will kill him.

So then he tries to eat the fire before it disappears and his hunch is right. He can eat the black fire although it is not very pleasant. It's like eating a very hot & spicy soup on a hot day. His mouth & stomach hurt a little, but he can eat it.

"Heh, so this is God Slayer's Magic, huh? Not bad at all. Maybe if you are stronger, just a little close to my strength, then maybe I won't be able to eat your fire. In the end, your power matters even if your magic is considered to be better. I'm done, Natsu. You can finish it," says Ben's clone as he walks away.

"Oi, bastard! Wait!" shouts Zancrow with a pissed tone because his attack didn't work on Ben's clone and he gets looked down.

But he doesn't have time to chase after the clone because Natsu has prepared an attack. Natsu has his right hand covered with Dragon Slayer's flame while his left hand is with God Slayer's flame. Then he uses both types of flame to attack Zancrow.

Zancrow takes it and thinks that it won't affect him but he's wrong. The combination of both flame types isn't something that he can take. Besides, just like what Ben has ever said to Natsu, even immunity has its limit and the flame combination surpasses Zancrow's immunity limit.

This attack defeats Zancrow and then Natsu leaves after Ben gives him some fire to eat. Ben's clone stays behind though and waits until Natsu really leaves. After Natsu leaves, he approaches Zancrow and puts Magic Sealing Stone handcuff on him.

"You will tell me everything you know about God Slayer magic," says Ben's clone while smirking sinisterly.

Ben isn't a heartless man but he also doesn't care about an evil man's well-being. Zancrow is a Dark Mage and has killed many people so Ben won't hesitate to kill him if needed. But now he needs Zancrow to tell him about God Slayer Magic, so he doesn't kill him.

Ben's clone takes Zancrow to the top of the Tenrou tree. There's no one here so he can do anything he wants to Zancrow. He will extract all information from Zancrow even if he needs to torture the guy.

Torture isn't something that he likes but he has been trained to do it when he was a soldier in his last life. Well, he didn't get trained to torture his target, but he is trained to handle torture so he won't leak any information. That training also taught him how to torture someone though.

"It will be good if you just tell me everything so I won't need to use violence. But just know that I'm not a pure-hearted man," says Ben's clone before he starts his interrogation.

On another battle location when Ben still fights with Hades, Elfman & Evergreen are fighting Rustyrose. It's a difficult battle for Elfman & Evergreen because their opponent uses a very versatile magic, Arc of Embodiment.

This magic allows its user to create everything from their imagination as long as they have sufficient MP. That means he can make everything from nothing. He can make something based on his opponent's magic to counter it perfectly.

His magic doesn't limit to creating non-living things. He can even make a living being, similar to Black Arts. Furthermore, he has an enormous MP and can create strong things to counter Elfman & Evergreen's attacks.

Rustyrose has created 2 Sacred Guardian Beasts: Belcusas & Belfast. Both Beasts have enormous sizes and they are strong. Belcusas is a heavily-armored man-like beast while Belfast is a wyvern-like beast.

Previously, Rustyrose just used Belcusas, but Elfman was too strong for Belcusas. Ben & Mira have trained Elfman many times, so it will be disappointing if he can't fight one beast like Belcusas. Also, he has Evergreen to help him, so fighting one beast isn't too hard for him.

Elfman & Evergreen have injured Belcusas a lot so Rustyrose summoned Belfast. He also helps his Guardian Beasts to fight by creating a beast-like arm. It's similar to Elfman's partial Take-Over but he made it using his Arc of Embodiment.

Right now, Elfman is fighting the 2 Beasts while Evergreen tries to hold Rustyrose. But of course, it's very difficult and both of them are getting pushed back. Elfman is in his Beast Soul form, but fighting 2 strong Beasts like this is very difficult.

It's even more difficult for Evergreen because her opponent is too strong. Her petrification magic doesn't work because Rustyrose can keep making glasses to block it. She finally gets a heavy blow and gets pinned down.

Elfman who sees it gets angry because Evergreen is his precious guildmate. He suddenly gets attacked by Belcusas but he blocks it with one hand. Then he suddenly stabs Belcusas' chest with his spear-like claws.

Rustyrose is surprised to see Belcusas get defeated by the angry Elfman. But he gets even more surprised when Elfman suddenly transforms into Belcusas. He takes over Belcusas before it disappears as it is just a magic spell.

"Unbelievable! He takes over my beast," says Rustyrose with widened eyes.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 242 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 253 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)