"Fabulous." Aurora smiles intrigued. "Now, that's more like it. Now, do go on."

   Cami sighs. "It was some guy. He was dating my roommate. She tried to break up with him, so he hit her. Broke her nose. I tried to get her to go to the police, the dean, anybody. But she was too scared. I hated that he was just getting away with it, like nothing ever happened. I saw him one night at a bar, hitting on a freshman. So, I took a beer bottle, and I smashed it in his face."

   Aurora inhales deeply. "Oooh."

   "The next thing I knew I was kneeling on his chest, and pounding his head into the floor." Cami continues. "And by the time they pulled me off him... Well, he wasn't laughing."

    "You're not ashamed that you did it." Aurora smirks. "You're ashamed that you enjoyed it. And that's why you study psychology. To understand your own dark impulses."

   "Here I thought I was the shrink."

   "Wow." Aurora chuckles. "I see why Nik is so taken with you. The trouble is, my burgeoning respect for you is over shadowed by my somewhat puerile jealousy." My heartbeat picks up. "So, I suppose, we've reached the inevitable."

   "Aurora." I call out. "Killing her won't change anything. All you will do is make Nik mad that you killed his friend. He trusts her and he cares about her, but it's platonic. You're pointing your jealousy at the wrong person."

   "Kelsey." Cami warns. "Shut up."

   "And who should I point my jealous at?" She inquires.

   "Me." I answer without hesitation. "Okay, it's me. I'm the one in love with him."

    Aurora laughs. "Well, I should have guessed. You've shown your fair share of jealousy when you saw me with Nik."

   "Yeah. Well don't hold it against yourself." I sneer. "You're not really the brightest." She storms up to me and punches me in the face.

   "Tell me, how does it feel that Nik loves me and not you. That he could never return your affections." Aurora smirks.

   "You've got it twisted." I chuckle humorlessly. "I'm the one he's in love with, not you. He's told me many times."

   "Oh, honey, now who's delusional?" She laughs. "He's been showing his love for me ever since I arrived, you've been nothing but an after thought." Her word sting, but I don't let that show.

   "Use your head for once, Aurora." I smile. "You have information about Tristan. You have information on where Rebekah is. You know things he wants to know. You can give him answers. You know what I give him... Empathy, understanding, trust, children, support, guidance, and more. Maybe you should learn to notice when you're being used."

   She yells in frustration and anger. She takes a needle out of her pocket and plunges it into my neck, injecting me with more Vervain and Wolfsbane. I groan and grunt in pain as fire lights up my veins. I struggle to keep my eyes open.

   "Kelsey!" Cami yells and runs to my side. "Stay awake." She panics.

   "It seems you've come to your end, Kelsey." Aurora muses. "Wouldn't you say, my love?"

   "Stop this game." Nik says.

  "This is not a game, Nik." Aurora replies. "This is an intervention. You're in danger of losing the love of your life. Me. We're finally together after so long apart, all the world before us. If we can just dodge a few minor obstacles. Like this nuisance of a prophecy, my brother's internment, the insufferable influence of Elijah. But what I cannot overcome is your affections for someone else. I've waited for too long to share you now. Call me jealous."