[chapter fourty three] the 'hero' and the 'villain'

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Theo. Theo Raeken.

His name echoed in my mind, corrupting my every thought as I strolled hand in hand with Malia through the school. The second his eyes locked onto mine, I felt every part of me that I had tried to glue back together shake. Just one look from him, and already I felt as if I was about to lose it all.

As if I was about to lose everything I had been trying to fix- forget.

That night, Theo knew I was high. We spoke, laughed about things that would horrify my friends if they knew.

He knew secrets about me that nobody else did- not even Stiles. He was a stranger, a nobody. And yet he turned out to be somebody I used to know, somebody I had history with. He knew I partied more than anyone should, he knew what pills I had taken that night, after all, he took some too.

He knew everything all too well.

"Ree, you good?"

Stiles' voice startled me out of my thoughts, forcing me to plaster a small smirk on my lips whilst I nodded my head. There was no way I could tell him- I couldn't tell anyone.

Nobody could know that I knew Theo, nobody could ever find out that I relapsed.

"Why are you so horny?" Scott muttered to Stiles, making me roll my eyes.

"I am not!" Stiles shot back before nervously shooting me a look.

With a smirk on my lips, I gave him a small wave, pretending to have missed what Scott had said. I was far behind, but not fair enough that I couldn't hear their hushed conversation, and they didn't know that. Curiosity may have killed the cat, however I remained unbothered.

I wanted to know what they spoke about when they thought I couldn't hear, I wanted to hear the conversations that I shouldn't be listening in on.

I needed to know how much Scott hated me.

"I can smell it on you." Scott mumbled with a disgusted shake of his head.

"Well, Ree is back now! And i'm sexually frustrated and she turns me on like crazy! Like dude I swear, whenever she's around I just want to tear her clothes off and-"

"OKAY! Okay! Well now I know why you're all giddy and shit."

What the actual fuck was I listening to.

Seriously? This was what they spoke about when they thought nobody could hear?

With a roll of my eyes, I resisted the urge to slap both of them on the back of their heads. I didn't care anymore about trying to be discrete, I was not about to listen in on them having a conversation that involved sex, and me.

"Are you two done gossiping now?" I snapped whilst crossing my arms over my chest.

Startled sounds flew out their mouths as I quickly spun on their heels with wide eyes. They had been busted and they both now knew it.

"We- uh... We weren't gossiping." Scott whispered whilst nervously darting his eyes to Stiles.

"Scott, if your that interested in mine and Stiles sex life why didn't you just say it out right? Stiles, you're into threesomes, right?"

A bright blush rose on both of the boys' cheeks, making my smirk grow. It wasn't that I purposely wanted to humiliate them, I was just attempting to lighten the air with my usual bitchiness. It perhaps wasn't the best tactic, but that didn't matter. They needed to see that I was still me, that I was still Aires.