[chapter sixty seven] you don't get it? don't you get it?

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

With trembling arms, I shoved my hands under the tap and willed the crimson red to go away. Blood seeped its way under my nails and ran its way through the creases on my skin. The red on my hands haunted me.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." Lydia muttered under her breath as she rocked herself in a tight ball. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god-"

"Lydia." I snapped in a shaky whisper. "Shut up. Shut up. Shut up."

I couldn't think, couldn't breathe, couldn't tear my eyes away from the crimson red soaked into my skin.

"Oh my god." She repeated, making a strangled mix of a sob and a scream rip past my lips.

"Lydia!" I hissed with wide eyes. "You have to stop. Stop it- calm down. I can't think with you whispering."

"Oh my god." She muttered again, shattering the last thread that desperately tried to keep me together.

I couldn't try to hold myself together anymore, couldn't scrub the blood off my hands, couldn't get the image of Lydia on the chair out of my mind. Everything was falling apart, and everything was pushing me onto the edge, threatening to shove me over.

We were okay.

We were okay.

We were okay.

"What the fuck is happening?" I muttered shakily under my breath.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

As I crawled through my bedroom window, high out of my mind, I didn't bother attempting to conceal the fact that I was only just getting in. I was drained, the image of Lydia with slit wrists was burned into my mind, and I couldn't get it out.

I hadn't planned on going to Rhys house and getting high beyond control, I also hadn't planned on crashing for six hours and sneaking through my bedroom window at four in the morning. But then again, I never usually planned on getting high, it always just seemed to happen.

Like a habit.

"Why did you leave school early?"

The scream that was lodged in the back of my throat almost slipped past my lips until my eyes caught onto Malia sprawled on my bed.

"What?" I snapped, irritation lacing my icy words.

"Why did you leave school early?" She repeated.

"I had things to do." I mumbled under my breath.

"I waited for you in the parking lot and you never showed up." She whispered, sending a prickle of guilt into my stomach before I shook it off.

With a roll of my eyes, I ripped off my jacket and threw it onto the floor before storming into the bathroom with Malia hot on my heels. I knew I wouldn't be able to shake her off, I hadn't been able to since Eichen House.

"Well?" She pressed whilst crossing her arms over her chest.

"I had things to do." I hissed through gritted teeth. "And besides, I didn't have any classes left."

"So what did you do? What 'things' did you do?"

I washed Lydia's blood off of my hands.

I watched her almost take her life.