[chapter fourteen] an angel on the dark side

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Blood coated me, stuck to me. I was drowning in it.

Screams fill the air as I watched my younger self angrily charge down a hallway with an unreadable expression. Bodies sat piled at the sides whilst the small blonde, drenched in others blood, narrowed her eyes on her next victim.

I wanted to scream, to run, to yell.

What I was watching couldn't possibly be a memory. It had to be a nightmare. But it wasn't. It was all real, and I was forced to watch.

"TATE!" Freya Mikaelson screamed as she watched me walk closer towards her. Freya, the one who would play in the snow with me whenever I would visit, the one who showed me the history of New Orleans witches, the one who tried to help me whenever she could, was now cowering in fear from me. Well, a younger me.

"TATE!" She pleaded again with tears in her eyes as she continued to rip apart her throat in screams.

What was Freya doing? Why was she there?

"TATE! STOP. THIS ISN'T YOU. THEY ARE IN YOUR HEAD, THEY ARE MAKING YOU DO THIS!"

I couldn't do anything. I couldn't stop my younger self, I couldn't snap out of the memory.

I had to watch as Freya's lifeless body fell at my younger self's feet. I had to watch as I murdered someone who was like family to me. I had to watch myself murder yet another person.

My body shot up in a panic as I released a deathly scream. Glass shattered around me as blood tears dipped from my eyes. I had killed Freya. She was alive now, but I had killed her years ago. I watched my younger self walk towards her without a hint of recognition for the Mikaelson in her eyes.

It was as if... I was being controlled by someone else...

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

After she had pulled herself together, Aires wasted no time sneaking out of the apartment running into the woods. Her memory had terrified her, so much that she was willing to turn to the person she had yet to trust for help.

"Aires? Lydias not here." Morgan mumbled with a yawn as she leant against her cabin's doorway.

After moving to town months ago with her older sister Ivy, Morgan had moved into an abandoned cabin in the middle of the woods. It was the safest place for her to be, far out in the unknown. Where nobody would be able to recognise her.

"I'm here to talk to you." The girl blurted out with a frustrated sigh. She didn't want to turn to the brunette for help, especially when months ago she had gotten a bad feeling about the girl.

But desperate calls called for desperate measures.

Morgan and Aires barely spoke to each other. The purpose of the brunette moving to Beacon Hills was to help Aires, yet she had wandered off with Lydia instead. It wasn't exactly unexpected though, the Hale had seen the chemistry between them from the start.

"Why don't we walk and talk, the cabin is a mess. Lydia's things are practically everywhere. She's at the lake house though at the moment, trying to crack the next part of the deadpool."

Watching the way the brunette smiled at the mention of the strawberry blonde brought a sad smile to Aires lips. They were so in love that it was obvious to everyone else. They didn't fight, they didn't argue. It was just sweet, simple love. Something she would never have.