[chapter thirty nine] allison argent

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I almost drowned.

I needed to feel something, anything. And yet I felt nothing.

Instead I remembered. I remembered something, but remembering almost cost me my life.

It was Sties voice I heard, his and mine, and a conversion I never had with him.

Lydia was lying.

Lydia had to be lying, she was just buying herself and her sad excuse of friends time.

I was not Aires. I was Tate.

Tate. Tate. Tate.

I should've died, I was drowning, my heart stopped working. I didn't want to die- but I didn't exactly want to continue life the way I was going. I wasn't suicidal. I didnt try to kill myself.

I just wanted to feel something.

"Tate." Ester snapped, disdain laced her voice as she narrowed her eyes on me.

She was a liar, a fraud. She was hiding things from me, keeping secrets. And uet here she was, expecting me to trust her, to trust her with my life and future. My eyes quickly flickered away from hers as I sucked in a sudden deep breath. Focus, I needed to focus. I wanted to lead, I started the war, I needed to pull through. I didn't have time to dwell on anything, I needed my head in the game.

Aires. Aires. Aires.

Tate. Tate. Tate.

With a small shake of my head, I snatched my dark red cloak out of her hands and threw it over my shoulders. There were things to be done, blood to be spilt. I was going to lead, people had high expectations of me. Everyone was counting on me. I couldn't let them down, even if they weren't telling me everything. I still had to fulfil the plan.

I couldn't go off of Lydia's so-called words. She was the enemy- I couldn't trust her. There was a war outside, a fight was brewing. I had to win.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"Scott McCall." I playfully whispered with a smirk on my lips. "To what do we owe the pleasure-"

"We are here for Lydia." He hissed through clenched teeth, making my smirk grow. I had barely spoken to him and I had already hit a nerve.

"No." I shot back. "Leave."

"I wasn't asking-"

"And neither was I. Either you leave or I'll make you leave, only my way you'll be leaving in a body bag."

He had to know it could never end well for him. We had the numbers, we had the strength. He didn't stand a chance against us. And yet here he was, ready to die for the strawberry blonde girl- the banshee. It was so very pathetic.

"I dont care." He spat with a roll of his eyes. "I'm not leaving without her."

"Well your not getting her either. All of this, and for what? You have come all this way knowing your going to die, your practically signing your own death sentence."

"I don't care. I'm here for Lydia."

"And if you die?"

"I'll die trying."

A hint of a frown ghosted over my face as I slightly narrowed my eyes on the boy. It was people like him that I failed to understand, people who loved so deeply they were willing to die for them. I didn't understand it- how could one possibly care that much? How was it possible for one person to feel so strongly for another that they were willing to sacrifice everything- their own life.