[chapter fourty four] reputation

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Scott's words continued to replay in my head like a broken record. Even in the dead of night, when everything was supposed to be better, his words plagued me.

You're dead to me.

He had no right to judge me, and I no longer wanted his forgiveness. He couldn't even begin to fathom the hell I went through. In his eyes, everything was black and white. He saw me ending a life and slapped the label 'monster' on me. He didn't even try to understand the complexity of the situation, why what happened happened.

One year.

I just needed to survive one more year, and then I could finally get out for good.

"Seriously?" Stiles groaned as he snuggled deeper into the comforter. "You have your head shoved in a textbook at this ungodly hour?"

"I need to study."

"Ree, your an A* student-"

"I have an A+ in maths and if i'm going down the medicine route I want an A*."

After years of uncertainty, not knowing what I should do with my future, I had finally come to a conclusion. I knew what I wanted, I knew what I had to do.

A few months ago I wanted to be a lawyer to help people get justice, but in the end, I realised justice could never truly get severed. Nothing could ever make up for some of the harm that had happened in people's lives. I discovered that there was something else I could use my brain for, something that could help make up for all the ugly I had caused.

"You want to become a doctor?"

"Surgeon."

To be more specific, a neurosurgeon or cardiothoracic. I wanted to be the best of the best, I wanted more. Medicine was the thing I wanted to study, I wanted to save lives to make up for the ones I had taken.

"You'll be one sexy surgeon." He mumbled in my ear before smothering me with kisses.

A hint of a smirk tugged in the corners of my lips as soft laughter filled the air.

Out of everything, the thing that hadn't changed was Stiles. He didn't see me as a monster. He still looked at me the same way he did Sophomore year, when I was too oblivious to see what was right in front of me.

Not everything had changed.

-

The morning of the first day of senior year was chaotic in the Stilinski house. The mouthwatering aroma of pancakes filled the air, as well as Malias frustrated growls and Stiles' light laughter.

A small smile ghosted over Aires lips as she stood at the top of the stairs, watching the mania unfold in front of her. With a roll of her eyes, Malia picked up her math textbook and launched it at the honey eyed boy whilst his belly laughter filled the air. Tears of happiness pooled in his eyes as he dived the girls through whilst running around the island with a grin on his face.

"STILES." Malis growled with narrowed eyes. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU."

"Oh come on Lia, you love me." He shot back with a mock pout.

"I do not!"

"Oh yeah you do."

"Shut up and come help me with these maths problems."

"Of course, princess."

With a mock gasp, Aires quickly defended the stairs and threw her arms around her sister.