[chapter fourty six] a lie for a lie

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Scott McCall had gone from being one of my supposed 'best friends', to someone I could no longer recognise.

The boy who was once someone I trusted, someone I considered family, my person, had set here's the last threads that held together our friendship. I always knew he had a foul mouth, however, I deeply underestimated just how foul his words could truly be.

In my eyes, he was nothing more than an inconvenience to me. He broke us apart. He destroyed any chance of us ever being friends again.

That was all on him, not me.

"What did they say?" I demanded as Stiles practically ran out of the library.

I didn't want to go in there with him and attempt to convince our 'friends' that Theo Raeken wasn't who he claimed to be. I didn't need to be present to know their answer.

Whilst I knew the supposed evidence Stiles and I had found wasn't enough, I knew better than to ignore my raging gut instinct that the boy was trouble.

It wasn't our past, or New Orleans that fueled the heavy feeling inside of me. It was something I had felt many times, and many times had that feeling been right.

Sage.

Morgan.

Jennifer.

And now Theo Raeken.

"Didn't believe a word." Stiles mumbled with a small shake of his head.

"I did though." Isaac muttered whilst slipping out of the library door. "It's you, you're feeling right?"

A hint of a smirk tugged on the corner of my lips as I nodded my head. I knew he would believe us.

He was my favourite person, the one I would always run to in a crisis.

"And I trust you. If you say there's something wrong then let's find out what the hell it is." He mumbled whilst throwing an arm lazily around my shoulder and dragging me towards the parking lot.

"You!" I practically screamed whilst pointing a finger in a startled Liam's direction. "Your on our team." I demanded whilst snatching his hand and pulling him along with us.

"What team?"

"The right team." I shot back with a smirk.

"Teams like in Captain America Civil War?" He questioned with a soft frown.

"Yeah, exactly."

"And what team are we then?"

"Team Nat obviously." I mumbled with a roll of my eyes.

"But? But it's either team Iron Man, or team Captain America? There's only those teams in Civil War?"

"Well team Nat is the only correct answer to that question. Now stop with the questions, we have shit to do."

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Treading through the muddy woods in my brand new Chanel heels wasn't even the most tragic part of my day, and considering they cost over two thousand dollars, that was saying something. With every step I took, the raging alarm inside my head only seemed to grow louder whilst rage twisted its way deeper into my chest.

Scott.

Theo.

My regret for returning to Beacon Hills was strong, not even twenty four hours in the town and I was already ready to leave for another few months. There was only so much one could take of this town and its bullshit, and I already had my lifetimes worth of it.