[chapter thirty two] the society

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

A frown rested on Aires face as her eyes scanned over every inch of the mansion, soaking it all in as she trailed beside Ester. With no memories, the Hale was a completely different person. She wasn't angry, in pain or depressed. For the first time in years, she looked pure again.

Oblivious.

"Darling." Ester snapped, making Aires' eyes quickly flicker back to the Mikaelsons.

She had gotten so overwhelmed by the gorgeous details of the mansion that she had zoned out, missing all of Ester's commentary. Forcing aside her annoyance, Ester willed a smile onto her lips. She had to remain collected, she couldn't risk all the hard work she had put into her masterplan. Aires had been asleep for over five days, until hours ago, she wasn't even sure if she would be in Beacon Hills by the end of the night.

After all, Aires was the one they were after. Without her, there was no endgame.

"Stay focused, Tate. We have a lot more to cover."

Tate. The lie rolled off of her tongue, and the Hale had no clue. Ester wanted to reinvent Aires, to erase everything she once was and build her to be powerful. With no memories, came no connections, no relationships, nothing to hold her back. Aires was still a trained assassin, she was just one with no knowledge of her past. That was what enhanced her power, without love holding her back, she had the power to burn down the world.

"So, as I was saying." Ester continued, whilst guiding the girl down the narrow hallway. "This is The Society, we have had to rebuild our community over the years, however, have no doubt. We are now stronger than ever. This building is in the middle of the woods, on the other edge of a lake and just on the border of a small town called Beacon Hills. You don't need to worry about that place much, but what you do need to know is that they are the enemies."

"Got it." Aires echoed back with a strong nod.

"You, dear, are our best hope at destroying everyone. You, will kill them all."

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Classical music drifted through the air as Aires twirled around in her pointe shoes, allowing the music to take over her body.

Perfection.

It was what she was striving for, and she refused to be anything less. Ester wanted her to be perfect, everyone did. Aires thrived under pressure, she embraced it. Everyone had high hopes for her, and she wanted to exceed their already high expectations.

Zero mistakes, laser sharp focus.

There was no room for failure.

Blood was going to be spilt, she was going to lead The Society into a war, one she knew very little about. Everyone was counting on her.

As the intensity of the song increased, Aires movements became faster. With every sharp turn, the music grew louder, but she didn't back down. Straight legs, pointed feet, strong posture. She had it all.

"Tate." Kate called, bringing the girl's movements to a halt.

"Yes?" She mumbled as she began to pull her shoes off.

Kate unnerved her, for reasons unknown to her. Ester treated the girl as if she was a queen, extraordinary. Kate didn't, Kate treated her as if she was nothing but normal. Not that Aires was complaining, being able to have a conversation without being constantly praised was relaxing. However, that didn't stop the inkling of doubt that sparked in her chest whenever she was around the woman.