[chapter ninety nine] I started a war

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Slyly, I glanced around, studying my surroundings. We were in what looked like to be in a lab, and there was someone on the table, someone I couldn't see. To the side sat Amalie with Lydia and Parrish by her side. They were all silent, all watching.

I was on the other side of the room, I wasn't sitting with them. Hesitantly, I glanced down at my hand to see my necklace wrapped around my fingers. It was in my hand instead of around my neck, and suddenly, I realised I had done something.

I didn't know what the next part of the dread doctor's plan was. They got us, they had us in the palm of their hands- but what the fuck were they planning on doing with us?

I brought back Amalie.

They had us all under their control.

But we were still in Beacon Hills, we hadn't left, and they weren't doing anything with us- yet. We were in their lab, they were experimenting on someone, someone I didn't know, someone I had a feeling I was involved with.

A white cloth was draped over their body, concealing their identity. From the black veins running through my body, I knew I had something to do with them being on the table. Not only was it obvious from where I stood, I could feel something in the air.

An electric connection.

What the fuck had I done?

"We need to move." A dread doctor suddenly had, and it took everything in me to turn on my heel and follow after them.

It took everything in me not to turn around and see who was lying on the table.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

We were in what looked to be an abandoned industrial place, somewhere with little to no people around. Somewhere isolated, somewhere quiet.

Why the hell were we still in Beacon Hills?

They got what they wanted, an army, Amalie, me, Lydia and Parrish. And yet we were still in Beacon Hills. Their plan was moving slowly, too slowly. And suddenly, I was a step ahead of them because I was in control.

I didn't know how long I had, didn't know what I was supposed to do to stay in control.

I didn't have a clue what the fuck was going on or what I was supposed to do about any of it.

I was pretending, putting on a facade like I had my entire life. It was nothing new to me- the only difference was, I was putting on a facade to keep myself alive. I wanted to know who was lying on that table, what I had done when I wasn't in control. Because I had no doubt that they didn't just use me to bring back Amalie, they used me for other things- I just didn't know what.

The longer we stood in the middle of nowhere, the more my nerves spiked. We were waiting for something, or someone.

The sound of footsteps behind me rang through my ears, I could hear him before I even saw him, could feel him before I knew it was him. As everyone turned around, I robotically turned as well.

I watched with a stone cold expression as a dread doctor dragged Blake around the corner, bruised and bloody, looking on the verge of death.

No. No. No. No. No.

This couldn't have been happening.

"We found an intruder." It muttered before throwing him onto the ground and walking to join the rest of us.