[chapter seventy nine] the other side

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

For the first time, the voices in my head didn't wake me up- I woke up on my own, and it made me sick to my stomach. Silence. My head was silent. With narrowed eyes, I glanced around my room, confused on where I was, confused why I ended up in my bed when I was last lying on Deatons table.

Ripping the covers off of my body, I jumped out of bed and glanced down at myself. Mud, I was coated in it, drowning in it. It soaked every inch of my clothes which made them cling to my body.

What the fuck did I do?

Suddenly, a strong hand wrapped around my neck and slammed me against the wall. And just as I was about to use my magic to snap their neck, my eyes locked onto Blakes. He was seething in rage, he was looking at me with wide wild eyes, he was looking at me in a way that made me question everything.

"It's me- it's me, Blake." I choked out, though his hand only tightened.

"How do I know you're not lying?"

What the fuck did I do?

Prying his fingers off of my neck, I fought against his hold so I could attempt to convince him I wasn't whoever he thought I was, that I wasn't who he looked at with such panicked hatred.

With a free hand, I brushed my fingers against the scar on his cheek and watched as a shiver shot through his body. "You got that scar from an ice hockey match when you were in your freshman year, someone's stick grazed your cheek and it never healed properly because you kept touching it."

Something flickered in his eyes and in an instant, he dropped his hand from my neck before lifting it back up to my skin and gently rubbing at the red raw prints he left on my skin.

"What happened?"

"I dont know." I whispered. "I don't remember anything."

Slowly, his hands moved up my neck until they rested on either side of my face. His eyes were locked onto mine, reading me, watching me. Something strange lingered in his, vulnerability swam in his eyes as well as something that I couldn't work out.

"You are not to be by yourself today, you understand that?" He muttered, and as much as I hated taking orders, I knew better than to argue because whatever side Blake had seen of me had scared him enough to lay a hand on me, something he would have never have done if he hadn't witnessed something bad.

"Okay."

The second the word left my lips, he dropped his hands and began pacing the room, his fingers ran through his hair whilst he tugged on the strands and muttered curse words under his breath.

"Blake."

Nothing.

"Blake." I hissed sharply.

"Fuck!" He screamed before storming over to me and crashing his lips onto mine.

I didn't waste any time before my hands dove into his hair, tugging him closer to me. I had gone weeks with his silence and it was tortuous. I hated that I wanted to be around him, that I felt an absence at the lack of his presence, I hated that a stupid part of me missed him.

As his lips left mine, he narrowed his eyes on me before tugging on my hair, something he seemed to do a lot. "You drive me insane and I fucking hate you for it."

"Good." I shot back. "Hating me is better than loving me- loving me is a death wish."

"Then I guess I'll die forever furiously obsessed with you."