[chapter eighty two] what a wicked game

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

From the room next to mine, I heard my name on his lips as he begged for my forgiveness- for me to listen to him, hear him out.

My lips remained sealed as I stared blankly at the wall in front of me, wishing for a death I knew would never come. Valack succeeded. He broke the last of me.

I wanted to scream, to fight back, to go fucking crazy. However, chains cocooned my body, bruising my skin and leaving me a helpless mess on the floor. I couldn't do anything, even if I wanted to.

My fate had been sealed the second I was dragged into Eichen House.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Three weeks later...

It had been three weeks of hell and eternal misery.

Three weeks of continuous torture, agony and pure utter hell. I hadn't used my voice in three weeks, a part of me believed I forgot how to use it. My birthday was in a matter of days, I would be turning eighteen, and I had never dreaded a day more.

The weights that strapped me into the chair dug into my skin, making me want to hiss in pain however, I forced it aside and let a blank expression rest on my face. I wasn't going to show him anything, even if every part of my soul ached for me to scream.

Once again, Valack hosed down my body, however, instead of placing the electric wires on my chest or back like he usually did, he brought them to the sides of my head.

"I'm going to break your mind." He hissed with wide crazed eyes as forced the electric onto my soaked skin.

The second the wire touched my skin, my body began violently jerking and my vision went black. A scream was on the very tip of my tongue, I refused to let it slip, it took everything within me not to let it slip.

A bloodcurdling sensation was electrifying my veins and igniting my soul in the most brutally horrific way. It was as if I was being burned alive- though in all honesty, I would have rather have been burned alive at that moment.

"I'm going to break your mind." Valacks voice hissed in my ear. "I'm going to break your mind."

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Sammy, Valacks left hand man, dragged my aching body from Valacks torture chamber and through the hallways of the closed unit. My eyes glanced into every cell as usual, desperate to find someone, however, it seemed that me and Blake were the only ones in the closed unit.

We were Valacks only victims.

In the distance, a cell that was usually closed had a slightly cracked door, and as we passed, I let my curiosity take over and peeked inside. The second my eyes looked into the room I locked onto the sight of strawberry blonde hair, hair I would recognize from anywhere.

"Lydia." I whispered under my breath. "Lydia."

It was her.

It had to be.

I was sure it was.

Before I knew what I was doing, my hand flew out and wrapped around Sammy's throat and I squeezed hard. His body fell to the ground with a thud and I took that as a chance to get closer to her.