[chapter thirteen] falling down...

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Stars sat scattered across the sky, creating a devastatingly beautiful sight. To most people they were just burning rocks, but to me, they were more. They were a symbol of hope- even if it seemed pathetic. They were what kept me alive.

A sigh slipped past my lips as I declined another one of Stiles calls and shoved my phone into my pocket. Couldn't he get the damn message? I was freaking out, and him calling ever two minutes wasn't helping. I needed time, and most importantly some fucking space. I needed to not have him breathing down my neck, expecting an answer about what the hell happened and why it did. Me and Stiles slept together, we destroyed the barrier we had tried so hard to keep in place.

We couldn't go back to being just us anymore.

I knew that, I wasn't naive enough to believe that we could forget and move on. And I just knew that Stiles would want to talk about what happened and that was the problem- I couldn't because what the hell was I supposed to say to him?

My feelings for Stiles were not crystal clear, they never had been. It wasn't like how I felt with Sage and Aiden. The way I felt towards him was new, and too freaky to think about.

I knew I would eventually have to face the facts. I liked him, in what way, I didn't know. I wanted him. But how? Fuck me if I knew. It was complicated to say the least. I was probably mixing things up, confusing how much I cared for him for liking him. 

I forced thoughts of him aside. My feelings towards him were the last thing I needed on my mind whilst I walked through the moonlit woods. My memories were coming back, and from what I read it was supposed to be impossible.

I wasn't supposed to be able to regain my stolen memories, and nothing in the grimoires explained how it could even be possible. Once again, I was left on my own to figure out the unknown.

Lilah, my real mother, was alive and in town. The Mikaelsons, my family's old friends, were also in town to supposedly 'protect me'. Ester, one of the oldest witches in the world, was also alive and in town. Kate fucking Argent was alive. There were assassins and a deadpool. And the impossible was happening to me.

Everything was falling apart.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I've had a lot of bad ideas before, some borderline suicidal and others plain stupid. I had even tried out some of my extremely terrible ones, like going to Mexico. However, one of the worst ideas I'd ever had was going to Esters mansion to speak to Lilah, alone, without any of my friends or the Mikaelson's. I knew it was suicidally reckless as I stormed up the steps. 

It wasn't my original plan in my defence. I was going to speak to Klaus beforehand and get his advice, but in the end I knew she would have to face my 'mother' alone again. I couldn't hide behind anyone, I couldn't run. 

I had to push though, even if I didn't want to.

With a cold expression on my face, I harshly banged on the large door to Ester's mansion. I wanted answers, and I was going to get them.

The door swung open in seconds, making a chill race down my spine. "Aires." Ester hummed in a disgustingly sweet voice. "What a surprise, come in dear!"

Whilst resisting an eye roll, I shoved past the bitch and walking further into the 'house'. Blood red roses hung on ivy vines that ran down the stone wall, along with several paintings and portraits of all the Mikaelson's together. It was creepy as hell and something I was for sure going to bitch about to Klaus once he got over his anger over me showing up here without him. A bitter feeling churned in the bottom of my stomach, warning me to turn back and run.