[chapter twenty eight] the endgame

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"LIAMMMMMM! WAKE UP!" The Hale yelled whilst ripping the boys bed sheets off of his body.

A deathly scream ripped from Liam's throat as he jolted awake. A small smirk curled on Aires lips as she stared at the Spiderman onesie on his body, similar to the one she had.

"How the hell did you find out where I live?" Liam demanded whilst groggily rubbing his eyes.

"Locator spell." The girl shot back with a smirk.

"And how did you get into my room?"

"I climbed through your window. You know, you really shouldn't leave it unlocked. And what the holy hell is that smell?"

A lopsided grin tugged on the corners of Liam's lips as his face scrunched up. "What smell?"

With a small shake of her head and roll of her eyes, Aires flipped her hair over her shoulder and placed a hand on her hip. It was hard to be mad at Liam, the boy was so innocent and pure, reminding Aires of her younger self.

They were so similar.

"Next time I come into your room, PLEASE MAKE SURE ITS CLEAN!"

With a sheepish grin plastered on his face, Liam sprung off of his bed whilst frantically nodding his head. "Got it-"

But the second his foot hit the wood floor, he slipped and fell straight onto his face with a thud. Soft laughter fell from Aires lips as she lightly shook her head at the boy's antics. He was so young, so energetic, pure, and too innocent to be cursed into the supernatural world.

Guilt swam in the Hales ' eyes as she slowly sunk onto the boy's bed with a hint of a frown on her lips. "Are you okay?" She whispered.

"What- that? Yeah I slip all the time!"

"I know what happened at the hospital, are you seriously okay?"

After the revealting of her father, Aires had distanced herself from everyone, Liam included. Guilt pierced her chest as she thought about the boy and the events that took place in the hospital, events she wasn't there to protect him from.

Stupid, stupid Aires.

"Oh, you mean after being attacked by assassins? Yeah, never better!" He shot back, though a hint of fear lingered in his voice.

Without wasting another second, Aires quickly pulled the boy into a tight hug. He was jumpier than usual, and despite the act he put up, she could see the panic within him. It also wasn't hard to miss the dark bags that sat under his eyes from the lack of sleep. All things no fourteen year old should ever have to live with, and it was only the beginning...

"Go back to sleep, Liam." She whispered softly in his ear. "And make sure to get another four hours in, okay? I will be back later. You're okay Liam, you're safe. I promise."

As much as she wanted to stay, there were other places Aires had to be, other places she had promised to be. It was the day she was supposed to go with Lydia to Eichen House, the place that had left her broken and traumatised. The place where she endured torture, and Void.

She was stepping back into the place she had fought desperately to forget, where she was desperate to avoid. But over her dead body she would let Lydia go by herself, so she was left with no choice. She was going back to Eichen House whether she liked it or not. Her only wish was that the two would make it out alive.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I wasn't necessarily avoiding Stiles again, I was just trying to fill up my day so that I wouldn't have to see him and lie about going to Eichen House. I was going, and there was nothing he could do to stop me. However, I still hated that I was lying to him about it all.