[chapter fifty five] born to die

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

After last night's revelations, I couldn't go home. I couldn't face Chris, Isaac, I couldn't face Scott. Knowing that somehow he would blame me, that I would be at fault for what was happening. I no longer had the energy to fight him, to argue back.

I didn't couldn't bring myself to do anything.

With a soft sigh, I pulled the blanket higher onto my body and tried to force my mind to drift off. Hours upon hours of research was piled up at my feet, scribbled notes from my knowledge upon the supernatural world in hopes of finding a clue as to what happened to me and Lydia.

And yet, I had found nothing.

I still had yet to fully try and understand what it was that had happened, what we had experienced. To any sane person, I sounded insane. Me and Lydia were in the woods, then we weren't, and then we woke, and something horrifying had happened. And no amount of replaying what had happened helped to make sense of any of it.

There was one conclusion of it all though, one small thing I had managed to draw up after hours of tireselly searching for answers. Whatever had happened to the two of us wasn't connected to the seals of different worlds, it was nothing like what had happened with the violet door.

This was something that affected our minds, that I was one hundred percent sure of.

"FUCK!" I screamed as my body jolted awake at the sharp sensation of something colliding with my head. With a scowl, I shot out of my seat to see Lydia with a grin on her lips.

"Oh my god." I choked out before running across the hospital room and lightly throwing my arms around the girl. "You're awake."

"And you're here."

"Of course I'm here, Lydia."

A sad frown washed over her face as she slowly tilted her head. "What happened to us?"

Goosebumps broke out across my skin as a small sigh slipped past my lips. "I don't know. You've been out for three days, I- I was worried about you. I started looking into things a couple hours ago but there's nothing Lyds. I don't know what happened to us."

"What do we do?" She softly whispered as worry filled her eyes.

"Leave it up to me." I shot back with a firm nod of my head.

Whatever had happened in the woods three days ago eventually put Lydia in hospital, I couldnt- wouldnt risk her getting caught up in it again, even though every fibre of my body told me that we were already intertwined in whatever was happening.

That it may be too late to try and get out of whatever we were now tangled up in.

"Lydia, you can't tell anyone about what happened, about the woods, the house, none of it." I urgently muttered in a sharp tone.

I could have killed someone, blood was on my hands when I woke up. The possibilities of what I could have done were endless. I had no real answers.

"What? No, Aires they need to know-"

"No. This isn't up for discussion. They cannot know." I shot back. "We woke up in the woods Lydia, coated in blood. We could've- I could have killed someone. We don't know what we did. They. Can't. Know."

From the panic in my voice and the way her eyes softened, I knew she understood my urgency, how important it was that the pack didn't know. They didn't trust me, they would be so quick to place blame on me. And from the tears that burned in Lydia's eyes, I knew she knew it too.