[chapter seventy two] sweet, sweet, new orleans

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"Is she here?"

"Is who here?" Deaton asked with a frown as he narrowed his eyes on a frantic Isaac.

"Aires."

Deafening silence haunted the air as everyone slowly turned to look at Isaac, at the horror in the boy's eyes.

"She's gone." Deaton mumbled with a sigh.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Thirteen hours had passed since I woke up in the woods, and in those hours I had stolen a beautiful jet black Ferrari with tinted windows and was speeding down the highway on my way to New Orleans. At the soft sound of a groan, my eyes flickered up to the mirror to see Blake stirring about in his sleep.

With vervain ropes around his wrists and the way I had smacked him over the head, I knew he would have been asleep for a while, however, I didn't think it would knock him out for over twelve hours.

"Wake up." I muttered whilst watching in the mirror as he stirred mumbled nonsense under his breath.

Without a second thought, I muttered a small spell under my breath that had Blake waking up with wide eyes and a gasp.

"What the fuck?" He hissed, making a hint of a smirk ghost my lips. "Did you- are you kidnapping me?"

"Yes."

In the mirror, I watched in amusement as Blake gaped at me with wide eyes, and a jaw that was practically on the floor. Blake who always had a sharp tongue and a response at hand was stunned into silence, and I was revelling in it.

"It was the only way to get you into the car without you asking questions." I mumbled with a shrug. "Nothing personal."

"Your fucking kidnapping me?" He choked out in disbelief.

A scoff fell from my lips as I rolled my eyes. "Okay when you say it like that it sounds bad-"

"BECAUSE THAT IS BAD, AIRES!" He shot back.

"Not really."

"HOW- HOW IS THIS NOD BAD?"

"Because, I needed to get you into the car and to shut up- kidnapping you was the easiest option." It truly was the easiest, quickest and quietest option- if anything I thought Blake would understand.

"You knocked me out!" He challenged with a murderous scowl.

"You're a vampire, you'll heal."

"That is not the point!"

"What is the point?" I questioned with a roll of my eyes.

"That you kidnapped me!" He snarled.

A snicker fell from my lips as I once again rolled my eyes, something I seemed to do a lot around Blake. "God god, you're such a baby- grow a pair of balls."

"I have a perfectly sized pair of balls."

"Show me and I'll be the judge of that." I shot back with a smirk.

With a huff and a roll of his eyes, Blake forced his murderous gaze to soften as he held his wrists in the air, dangling them in my rear view mirror and forcing me to make eye contact with him.

"Can you please remove the ropes from my wrists."

"In a second."

"Where are you taking me?"