[chapter three] venus planet of love, was destroyed by global warming

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Kill Kate Argent.

She was the only thing on the Hales ' mind. A few months ago she would fear her thoughts, she would fear what her mind would come up with. However as the days passed, she learned how to deal with them.

They were just another consequence of allowing the nogistnes darkness into her. A consequence she would have to live with forever.

There had always been a darkness in her, ever since she could remember. Only it seemed to be getting worse, it seemed to be getting too tempting to block out. 

"Okay are we gonna talk about it?" Lydia asked in a shaky whisper from the back seat, sandwiched between Isaac, who had refused to leave the Hales side and Morgan whose eyes were only on the strawberry blonde.

The way in which she gazed at Lydia, as if she were the world made the hollow feeling in Aires chest roar to life. Once upon a time she had someone stare at her like that. Once upon a time she was mindlessly in love.

But just like everything in her life, it was stolen from her.

Her eyes were on Morgan and Stiles were on Aires. Carefully, he watched the girl. He wanted nothing more than to kick them out of the jeep and pull her into his arms. But he knew he couldn't. The same Aires that sat beside him wasn't the broken girl from a few months ago.

She appeared stronger, fiercer. But he could still see the haunted look in the eyes. The one she was able to hide from everyone, the look only he was able to see- but only barely. She was getting too good at hiding everything from everyone. 

"What are we talking about?" Morgan asked mindlessly.

"Kate Argent." Aires hissed coldly through clenched teeth. "She's alive, she killed my family, and now she has Derek."

"Argent." Morgan hummed with a small nod. "Wait- She is Allison's aunt?"

At the mention of the brunette, Aires tensed up. She was barely able to think about the girl without breaking down, hearing her name said out loud hurt her in a way she didn't think possible. The pain ricocheted through her veins, and for a second- she thought it would kill her. 

"Was." Aires corrected in a lifeless whisper. "She was her aunt. And yes, it's her. A little while back she tried to kill all of us again, but that ended in her death, or so we thought. Clearly nobody checked the casket. I could have however I was busy being passed out in a ditch for two days whilst the funeral took place. "

"Okay." Morgan hummed, slightly frowning as she tried to piece together all the events.

"It's okay." Lydia whispered in her ear whilst intertwining the two's hands. "I'll explain everything later." She mumbled before placing a small kiss on Morgan's lips.

Tearing her eyes off of the two, Aires turned to face Isaac with a forced smirk on her lips. "I guess this means you won't be seeing Connor for a while."

"Thank god for that." The Lahey sarcastically shot back, earning a roll of her eyes from Aires. 

"So where the hell were you?" Stiles suddenly muttered, his eyes quickly flickered to Aires before focusing back on the road.

"What do you mean?" She asked cautiously, eyes narrowed and walls back up. 

It took everything in her not to relapse, to hold herself together. The only way she was able to do it was by keeping everything in, by not talking about anything and not letting herself grieve. She was in denial