[chapter one hundred] a monster in disguise

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Blake hadn't said a word to me the entire drive, he had barely looked at me. I could feel the anger radiating off of him, the rage that consumed his body. I recklessly tied us together, and as we sat in the car, I was beginning to think it was a bad idea- that he was going to resent me for it.

As we pulled up to the animal clinic, we sat in the car silently for a few minutes. The rain bashed against the windshield, the sky had gone dark- all the start of the war I had caused.

"Do you hate me?" I blurted out, needing to know where his head was at.

I didn't regret what I had done, I would do it over and over again, even if he didnt understand, even if he hated me for it. I was saving him, I couldn't die, I was saving his life. I wasn't going to let him be another person that slipped through my fingers.

I glanced up to see him already looking at me, and before I could say another word, he leant over and crashed his lips onto mine. I had missed him, missed his touch- I had been gone not for long, but never realised just how much I missed him.

He was my person.

"No." He whispered as we pulled apart. "I don't hate you. But that doesnt mean I forgive you for what you did."

"Forgive me?" I echoed with narrowed eyes.

"What you did was suicidal, you put my life above yours- so yes, i'm pissed at you for it." He shot back before getting out of the car without another word.

Quickly, I followed after him. There was a storm outside, one I had no doubt Amalie was causing. I flew after him and stormed into the clinic, however, as I rounded the corner I came to a stumbling stop.

Chris had his gun pulled out and aimed at me.

Nobody knew if it was me or not.

As Chris narrowed his eyes on me, I suddenly felt like an intruder, like I should have been shot. I was a monster in disguise. He had his gun pointed at me and I didnt blame him. But that didn't mean that it didn't hurt like hell seeing it.

"It's me."

The hold on his gun didn't falter, he didn't blink an eye at what I had said.

"What happened? How- how are you here? How are you you?" Deaton demanded.

"I'm not really sure how to explain it all." I muttered before pulling my lip in between my teeth. "I shouldn't be me right now- she should be in control."

I'd killed her, but I was still stuck behind the violet door.

"But she isn't , it's remarkable. To bring back Amalie they had to break your mind because otherwise there was no way in hell you would've been able to pull it off."

They did break my mind, faintly in the back of my head was Allison's scream, it hadn't left since the day on the other side.

"We have a problem- one with me." I regretfully whispered. "It was open."

"What was?" He asked, though we both knew exactly what I was referring to.

"The violet door." His silent stare was enough to confirm what I already knew. "I know you knew, it makes sense now."

"Aires-"

"I killed her. I opened the door, I went in, it shut and I- I killed her. But I'm stuck behind the door."