Chapter Sixty- Two

Kaitlyn led the way into the dark room, squinting her eyes to find the switch. When she did and the room lit up, Vesper flashed her a small smile, slowly approaching the table in the middle of the almost empty room. Alexis picked up the ziplock, closely examining it before dropping it back with a shriek.

"Why did you do that?" Vesper asked, narrowing her eyes at her friend.

"So much blood" She answered, using a napkin to wipe her fingers.

"It's a murder, Lexi, what were you expecting to see? Unicorns?"

"Well, I certainly didn't expect you guys to have collected so much blood"

"So much blood on what?" Kaitlyn asked, picking the zip lock Alexis had dropped. "Cause I don't remember use getting so much blood" Alexis took a step back as Kaitlyn picked out the receipt from the ziplock and placed it on the table, straightening out the edges. "Do you have any idea what pharmacy has this sort of receipt?"

"Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, all receipts are the same" Vesper answered. "I can't differentiate them to save my life. And the address is stained"

"It's wrinkled. But still seems new"

"How's it going with your dad?" Alexis questioned, looking around the room.

"So far, he's still a little skeptical I think. But he'll come around. I know my father. I looked and asked around, there really isn't much to the case. Even my mother seems to have given up. She isn't talking much about Haisley anymore. And she doesn't know anything about the case. Says it's useless. All this wealth but still, nothing! Whoever did it is obviously more cunning than we thought" Kaitlyn squeezed her arm lightly.

"I know how hard it must be for you. First Albert and now Haisley" She said and Vesper shared a shocked look with Alexis.

"You know about Albie?" Kaitlyn muffled a laugh.

"Albie? Cute" her smile widened when she saw Vesper's flush for the first time. "Al still doesn't know where he is, but he's trying his best to look for him. He's as affected as you are. And turned out Elizabeth didn't let go of the chance. She used it to blackmail him into cutting off communication with me when he was in England. She also used it to get him to agree to the wedding with Victoria. But don't worry. Al said his surgery is done"

"Yeah, we spoke about it the other day"

"It means you also know about Kevin?" Alexis asked and Kaitlyn nodded. "Wow. Must have been really hard for him to open up. Al absolutely despises talking about it"

"He still feels guilty. Even though he shouldn't be"

"He's such a stubborn jerk, no offense"

"None taken"

"I know I was a little harsh for a while after Albert's sudden disappearance but I came around. But he didn't. He didn't celebrate his birthday ever since then. Not until this year" Vesper looked down at her long manicured fingers, a smile still lingering on her lips. "Enough of the sappy nonsense now. What are we actually going to do about this?"

"We can't get into your house anytime soon. For now, we just have to stay low and keep relying on your father. All these just seem too much. My father's murder and now Haisley"

"Am I the only one who's sensing a serial killer on the loose?" Alexis asked and Vesper rolled her eyes as Kaitlyn's phone rang.

"Excuse me" she said, trying hard to hide her smile as she answered the call.

"Hey love" Alfred's voice sent goosebumps all over her skin and she bit her tongue to stop herself from breaking out into a wide grin.

"Hey. You seem excited"