Chapter Twenty-Seven

The man in front of them dressed casually in a navy blue pea coat, blue t-shirt, black pants and black loafers smiled at them. His black eyes twinkled as he took in the two young adults before him and crossed his legs.

Sienna gave him a mug of hot caramel apple cider and his blond hair bounced when he took the mug from her and gave her a light smile.

"Thank you" he said and turned to Kaitlyn. "So what are you two here for?"

"Didn't Troy already tell you?" She asked back and he chuckled.

"He did. But how sure are you Elizabeth is behind Chris's accident? It could be anyone"

"She said it herself"

"I was interested in the case a while ago but I didn't really find much leads and I kept getting new cases so I kept it aside since it wasn't any of my business. I mean if his family wasn't ready to keep on the investigation why should I?"

"Well now we want to. Are you doing it or not?"

"Of course. Why not? Your father was a good man. He was really great"

"Thank you. I appreciate"

"So we'll consider all the other legal proceedings later, right?" Troy asked.

"Yes, that will be okay. You can come by my office tomorrow and we'll sort things out"

"That'll be great, Detective Hirsch. I'll probably drop by alone cause Kaitlyn would be in school"

"Works for me"

"Thanks for the caramel apple cider, Sienna" Kaitlyn thanked the woman and she smiled.

"I'll contact you tomorrow" Corbin said as they stood to leave.

"Sure" Troy answered, holding Kaitlyn's hand as Sienna led them outside. Troy gave her hand a little squeeze as they got to where his car was parked and opened the door for her as her phone beeped. 

"Elizabeth sent the location" she informed him once he got inside.

"Where?"

"It's some cafe close to the Smiths. I don't know what's going on with this woman but if it's one of her sick games I'm leaving straight away" he chuckled.

"Maybe she wants to say something about your father's accident"

"She's Elizabeth. What could she possibly say about my father's death? 'Oh hey Kaitlyn I'm the one who orchestrated your father's accident and here is evidence against me'" he laughed at her sarcasm and she hissed. "It's not funny. I'm actually kind of nervous. She always has some mental torture technique up her sleeve"

"I'm pretty sure she won't harm you. And if she does, I trust you" she smiled. She always felt comfortable talking to him even more than she was with Katherine as he was always open minded. He didn't make her feel as comfortable as Alfred did but he had exceeded the pass mark.

"I hope it doesn't come to that point" he hummed and she pressed her lips together tightly. "Do you think Alfred's okay? I mean I'm just worried for him as a fellow human being cause it's unlike him to not communicate with you guys if it's me I can understand but you guys? And I'm having a really strange feeling"

"It's okay" he placed his free hand over hers "you should just relax and let the events unfold" she nodded and he wrapped his large hands around hers, giving it a gentle squeeze of assurance and she sighed.

*****
Kaitlyn walked into the empty cafe, cautiously approaching Elizabeth who was seated at a table for two with a cup of coffee. She seemed lost in thoughts that she didn't notice when Kaitlyn slipped in the chair opposite hers till it scraped the tiles.