Chapter Twenty-Six

Alfred creased his brow as he walked out of the kitchen. Using the towel around his neck he wiped the sweat off his forehead and took a gulp from the water bottle in his hand. He sighed when he heard Victoria's giggling from the living room and was sure his mother was there. Rolling his eyes, he turned to the stairs when his name was called by his mother and he let out a deep breath before turning around.

Victoria smiled, her eyes glued to the thin t shirt clinging to his chest due to the sweat and leaving nothing to the imagination. He just got back from his regular morning jog and walked into the kitchen to grab some water when his mother called him. She bit her lip and blushed when she found he was looking at her with raised brows and biting his lips as he took slow casual steps towards the two women seated on the same couch.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Victoria was just here to say hi" his mother said

"Don't you have anything else to do?" He turned to her.

"Eh bien, oui (Well, yeah)" she answered. "I was going to meet Ma Chérie but she said she has something really important to do today"

"It's Sunday what is she going to do?"

"Probably go on a date with Troy" she smirked followed by a shrug.

"For the last time, Troy and Kaitlyn aren't dating"

"They might be. And you don't know" his mother said "they don't have to tell you everything"

"Well since you seem to be allergic to the word 'privacy' I'd like to tell you how my appointment with Dr. Evans, the oncologist went" he cocked his head and raised a brow challengingly at his mother.

"An oncologist?" Victoria asked "why do you need an appointment with a cancer specialist?" She turned her whole body towards him.

"Actually, I seriously need a oncologist" he sat on the arm of the couch beside theirs. "Right, mother?" His mother glared at him "why don't you tell Victoria?" He gestured at the girl in question with his hands.

"What is he talking about, Eliza?" She asked, her voice coming out as a whisper.

"Sebastian" Elizabeth warned her son then turned to Victoria "it's nothing to worry about, Victoria. Alfred booked an appointment for one of his friends"

"Which one of them? Rafael, Justin or Troy?"

"None of them. Another friend"

"Oh I'm so sorry" she turned to Alfred "I hope he get better soon"

"It's a lost case" he said and stood with a light smile on his face. "He's in stage 4 cancer and will be able to live for at least another two years. He isn't undergoing chemo so he probably won't live that long"

"Excuse me, Victoria" Elizabeth said and stood "I want to have a word with Prince" she dragged her son by the arm into the hallway leaving Victoria with a smile as she took a sip of her tea. "You have stage four cancer?" She yelled and Alfred shrugged.

"I thought I pretty much made myself clear just now. And I'm not undergoing chemotherapy"

"It just looks like you don't want Albert to get better" she gritted her teeth. "Neither do you want to see your 'girlfriend' alive"

"Are you serious? All you ever do is blackmail me to do anything you want. It's better if I die and get over all this. First Albert, Kevin and you've even dragged Kaitlyn into this toxic relationship. You should be feeling guilty for killing Chris but all you do is blackmail me using his daughter"

"You don't have a choice, Al" he rolled his eyes.

"When I'm dead hopefully you can find someone else to fulfill your selfish desires" he made to walk away but she held his hand tightly to stop him from walking away, lightly digging her fingers into his arm.