Chapter Fifty-Two

Kaitlyn groaned as she turned, the ringing of her phone echoed around the room. Clutching her head tightly, she bit her lip to suppress her growing urge to scream her lungs out. She heard a knock on the door and she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Coming!" She yelled towards the door and threw off the comforter, heading towards the door. "You don't need to break it down" opening it, she frowned.

"Yes, Aunt Lia"

"How are you feeling?" She asked as Kaitlyn stepped aside to let her in.

"Like someone's ripping my head into two and forcing my skull to come out"

"Very...imaginative" another knock was heard and Kaitlyn groaned going to open it. Mia smiled at her as she walked in with food platters.

"You're going to have your medications and then eat" she announced, dropping the platters on a table.

"Wow. I should get drunk more often" she reasoned.

"Actually, you do know you're supposed to go see Victoria in an hour right?"

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Today's the wedding! How could I forget!?" She rushed to the bed to look for her phone and grimaced when she saw five missed calls from Victoria. "Hey Tori" she greeted, chewing on her bottom lip.

"Ma Cherie, where are you? I've been trying to call to for the past thirty minutes! I'm really nervous right now I don't even know what to to"

"I'm so sorry, Tori. I'll be there in less than an hour I promise" she heard Victoria's name been called at the other end of the call

"Sorry I have to go. Till you get here" and with they she hung up.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to" Lia comforted her.

"I can't just bail out like that. I've already promised Victoria. I need to be getting ready. I'll see you all downstairs" Lia smiled at her niece, gave her head a little pat and walked out with Mia hot on her tail.

****
Victoria grinned when she saw Kaitlyn through the mirror facing her. She quickly turned around and embraced her in a hug.

"Are you excited?" Kaitlyn asked and Victoria gulped.

"Excité et nerveux à la fois (Excited and nervous at the same time)" she answered and Kaitlyn laughed.

"It's natural I guess. Can't say. I've never been married" they both laughed "but you need to sit and calm down" she led her back to the chair she was previously seated on. Kaitlyn watched Victoria stare at herself in the mirror before tears slowly began falling down her face and she broke in small sobs. "Hey hey. Are you fine?"

"I don't know" she sniffed. "It's just I really love Alfred I- I just don't know what to do about it" Kaitlyn gave her an assuring smile.

"Then why are you getting worried when you're getting married to him?" Victoria smiled back and lowered her head, when she noticed Kaitlyn's locket hanging on her neck and she bit her lip.

"Do you think I can see Alfred?"

"No you can't" a voice said and a woman with two daughters walked in. The two girls were dressed in rose gold dresses making Kaitlyn conclude they were Victoria's cousins.

"Hello, ma'am" Kaitlyn greeted and the woman smiled at her.

"You must be Kaitlyn. Renee here wouldn't stop mentioning your name. Thank goodness you're here" she said and turned to Victoria "Princess Victoria, you can not meet the groom before the wedding. It's considered a bad luck" Victoria shrugged