Chapter Forty-Seven

Looking into the mirror, she smiled at herself, obviously pleased with the outcome. She was dressed in a silk slate grey one shoulder floor length dress with a high slit just below her waist. Tracing her fingers at her curves, she admired how the body hugging dress hugged all the right places. A lace sleeve covering one hand and a silk sleeve covering the other. The deep V neckline exposing more than half of our breasts. The left breast had no material whatsoever with Only the embroidery of the dress housing it. Her thick long honey blond hair was styled to perfection into a rolled bun.

Smiling again, she picked her purse and turned when she heard a low whistle from behind.

"Damn Kendy have some mercy on the poor souls" Alfred said and chuckled, getting off the door frame he had been leaning on with his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants.

"Shut up, Al" she rolled her eyes and turned back to smother the loose curls framing her hair but in vain.

"Trust me, Kendy. You're looking beautiful" she smiled, watching him with raised brows.

"Enough flattery, what do you want?"

"I heard Kieran's gonna be there. Are you comfortable?" Letting out a deep breath, she turned to face him.

"It's been two years since my divorce with Kieran, Al. There's no hope in us getting back together and I can't live the rest of my life avoiding him. Some day or the other we'll be facing each other. Why not today?" He nodded in understanding, bring out his hands to place them on his sister's shoulders.

"You're right. But if he tries anything, I won't be considering the fact that you're still obviously in love with him and beat the fuck out of him. I don't care"

"Well, I suppose we can go with that" she smiled making him reciprocate her actions.

"I'd like to drive you there"

"Al, I'm not a baby neither am I some heartbroken toddler. I'll be fine. Besides, isn't Victoria still here?" He shrugged.

"Yeah. Her and mum can basically do whatever the hell they want. I'm least bothered right now. All I want is for the wedding to take place. The earlier, the better"

We've already lost two of our own, Kendall. We can't lose another one.

She had been pondering on Alfred's words since they slipped out of his mouth and no matter how hard she tried, only one person crossed her mind.

"Al, is your wedding somehow related to Albert?"

"Albert?" He licked his lips and cleared his throat "why do you think so?"

"We've already lost two of our own, Kendall. We can't lose another one. There's only one person that comes to my mind no matter how hard I crack my head" he sighed.

"No. That's not what I meant. Albert is doing fine. His surgery would be done in a few days"

"Why wasn't it done since? And how do you know all this? Mum never mentions anything about Albert"

"I overheard her talking about it with Claire"

"Did you find his location?"

"Unfortunately, no" she sighed "come on, Kendy. Stop thinking about all these and enjoy yourself tonight. Have fun"

"I'll be off then. You better get back to Victoria"

"You just had to remind me" he fake gagged and she laughed.

****
"Don't you think we should go see a doctor?" Kaitlyn asked, warily looking at her brother.

"No, I don't think so. I don't need one"