Chapter Thirty

Troy helped Kaitlyn get off his bike and led her into the restaurant. She watched as Alfred drew the chair for Victoria and she smiled as he sat beside her on the table for four Victoria had reserved for them. They had met the waiter who directed them to their table while Troy and Kaitlyn were getting off Troy's motorcycle she had begun loving.

Troy drew out the chair for her and sat beside her so she was seated in front of Alfred while he was opposite Victoria who couldn't wipe the grin off her face.

"I've always liked Chinese food" Victoria stated and Kaitlyn smiled

"So have I. It's really nice" she added and turned to Alfred. "Don't you think so?" She turned to him, remembering the statement he had made on the night of the ball dance.

"It's okay. But promise you'll have Chinese food with me next time" she shook her head at the memory with a sad smile on her face.

"Are you okay?" Troy asked, looking at her and she smiled again before nodding slowly.

"Are you sick?" Victoria asked her.

"I'm fine. I just remembered something" she turned to Alfred for a split second before turning back to Victoria.

Guess I fulfilled my promise of having Chinese with Alfred, she thought, a smile etched on her lips. They turned their heads to the waiter who was there to take their order.

"Wonton soup" Victoria said, excitedly. "What about you, Ma Chérie?" She turned to Kaitlyn after the waiter had written her order.

"Braised whole abalone" she ordered, looking up from the card to look at smile at the waiter.

"I'd like the Shark fin soup" Troy said

"I want the knife fish" Alfred added. The waiter nodded and went after a smile.

"For dessert let's have the chocolate Chinese Five-spice Cake" Victoria suggested and looked at Alfred.

"I don't want anything sweet" he objected

"Oh come on, it contains clove, fennel, star anise and pepper. It's not that sweet"

"How do you know that?" Troy asked, clearly intrigued with her knowledge.

"Tori likes traveling" Kaitlyn answered for her. "She was on one of her tours when we met in Zurich" the waiter appeared and placed their respective foods in front of them.

"I didn't know you were interested in traveling" Alfred said, turning to Victoria.

"I very am. Our honeymoon will be in five different countries" Troy turned to Kaitlyn.

"Sure" Alfred said, absent mindedly and took a forkful of his fish. Kaitlyn felt Alfred's gaze on her as she ate, making her self conscious and choke. He immediately offered her a glass of water, stood up and gave her a pat on the back. He placed a hand around her shoulder and gently rubbed her shoulder. "Are you okay?" She nodded, mouth full of water. "What happened?" He lowered his head towards her.

"Maybe if you weren't staring at me I wouldn't have choked" she whispered.

"I wasn't" he quickly defended himself and resumed his position back on his chair.