Chapter Sixty-One

Troy smiled as he turned around to face his friends. Justin who had slept with him had showered and changed from his previous day clothes courtesy of Rafael. Alfred had advised Kaitlyn not to visit the hospital; she could just meet them at Troy's house straight.

"Careful" Justin cautioned as Troy got off the bed with a groan.

"I'm fine" he tried to calm Justin down. "Mr. Miller didn't come?" He sighed when the look on the faces told him what he needed to know. "Thought as much" a part of him already knew his father would care less about coming to visit him despite what had just occurred. He never did. But a little part of him, the part he wanted to hide, was really hoping it would be different this time- that maybe deep down despite all their differences he still cared about him. Even if it was just a little bit. He sighed and put on his shirt as the door opened. The doctor walked in with a smile on his face and a nurse behind him, holding a clipboard.

"How do you feel now?" He asked Troy after exchanging pleasantries with the four boys.

"I'm fine, now. I feel much better thank you"

"What have you thought about our little discussion?" Troy licked his lips, trying not to overthink his decision.

"Yeah. I did. I'll book an appointment with a therapist and I'll see what I can do about moving out" The older man beamed.

"I'm really glad you agreed! You'll get better in no time, trust me" Troy only gave him a curt nod in response, watching the nurse take off the catheter and put a band aid on the area.

"I'll complete the discharge formalities and come back" Alfred informed them and followed the doctor out.

"Come on, get completely dressed and let's get going" Rafael prompted as he gave Troy a jacket. The other two watched him put on his socks and shoes. Alfred walked in soon after and gave them a lopsided smile.

"Come on, let's get you out of this place"

****
Justin pressed the doorbell for the third time, getting pissed when he doesn't get a response again.

"Where's everyone?" Rafael asked, trying to peer through the glass windows.

"I don't know. If not anyone, Hailey should be inside" Troy stated "I'll call her" Alfred raised a brow, watching him search his pockets for his phone. "Found it!" On the second ring, the woman answered.

"Troy! I'm so glad you're okay. I hope you're fine now? How do you feel?" He let out a small smile at her questions.

"I'm all good, Hailey. I'm actually home right now. And I've been ringing the bell for a long time but no one's answering. The house seems more quiet than usual though"

"Oh. I'm so sorry I actually have no idea what's wrong. I left early yesterday because Delilah suddenly got sick. So Ms. Dove gave me a half day and today off"

"So is there anyone inside I can call? Mr. Miller doesn't seem to be home either. His car isn't here"

"Uh, check that big vase there, the one from your mother's collection just by the second glass window of the living room. Lift it up and you'll see the spare key under" he did as she instructed while the others leaned on the door, waiting for him to get back.

"Just how many spare keys do we have?"

"I don't know. A lot! Do you want me to come over and help with anything?" He turned to look at his friends.

"No. I'll be fine. The guys are here" he could already feel her smiling through the phone.

"Oh that's nice! My regards to them. I'll be back tomorrow. Hopefully, Dee's fine by then"