Chapter Eighteen

Kaitlyn opened her eyes due to the sun rays getting into the room through the window situated directly beside the bed. She quickly sat up, realizing the room wasn't hers. Looking around, she found the room was Alfred's but he was no where to be seen. It was when she took off the comforter from her body that she also realized her clothes had been changed and she was wearing a men's shirt, her underwear still intact. Her dress was hanging in Alfred's see through wardrobe she always wondered why he needed when he also had a larger closet.

She rolled to the other side and saw Alfred laying on the floor. He had a comforter below and one above making her smile. His curly hair was sticking to his forehead and she balled her fists to stop her from running a hand through his hair as the previous night's incidents rushed through her. With a sudden rush of anger she shook him awake.

"Wha?" He sat up, still slightly dazed from sleep.

"Why am I here?" He gave her a funny look.

"Seriously? That's what you're asking after what happened yesterday?" She raised a brow.

"I clearly remember what happened yesterday" she felt a sharp jolt in her head and grimaced

"Looks like you're still not perfectly fine"

"You do know I don't want to talk to you, right?"

"I know but I want to talk to you" she clenched her jaw, trying hard not to swoon over his husky voice.

"You can stay and talk to yourself" she threw the comforter away to the floor and stood up, heading to the bathroom.

"She is messy" he mumbled to himself, picked up the comforter and followed her.

"What are you doing?" She gave him a curious look when she turned to close the door and found him following her.

"Isn't it obvious?" She crossed her arms over her chest, making him smile at her. "You look cute when you pretend to be mad" she rolled her eyes, ignoring him and continued her journey into the bathroom. He knew she was more than mad; hurt. And even though it wasn't completely his fault, he was the root cause. "You can find the toothbrushes down there" he pointed at the cabinet beside the sink.

"I know" she cooly said, bending down to the cabinet. He watched every movement of hers, wondering when she was going to explode as he knew this was the calm before the storm.

He cleared his throat and shifted his attention back to the mirror, his brush in hand when she looked at him from where she was bent as she had sensed him staring at her.

"-why didn't you just wait for me to be done then you can come in?"

"To save water" she scoffed at his stupid excuse but said nothing. She stood, keeping her eyes fixed on the mirror which took a lot of effort with Alfred's arm brushing against hers and even through the shirt she knew he had changed her into, she felt the familiar tingle she always felt whenever her skin was in contact with his.

Alfred watched as she rinsed her mouth followed by her brush, kept it back in the holder and turned to leave. He rolled his tongue in his mouth before stopping her by holding her arm. She slowly turned to him, eyes shielded not showing off any emotion and he felt hurt all over again. His heart beat increased rapidly when he pulled her back, pressing her back against the counter and trapping her with his body.

He stopped himself from smirking at how small she looked in his shirt and between his tall figure when he saw the deep scowl on her face.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Don't jump into conclusions easily. Just listen to me" she tried pushing him away but his body didn't move an inch.

"I think I heard enough last night" she whisper yelled, ignoring the throb in her head "you were lying to me all the while"