Chapter Fifty

Trigger warning; Physical Abuse.

Kendall smiled, shutting the door after her. Alfred walked towards her with a frown and she rolled her eyes, walking into the house. She knew her mother would be there as her car was in the driveway but she couldn't care less.

"I'm guessing you have a plan in mind" her brother spoke and she shrugged.

"Not really"

"So how are you going to go ahead with what you want to do?"

"It really doesn't matter, Al. What's done is done" she sighed and walked further into the house. And sure enough, Elizabeth was seated on the biggest couch in the living room, legs crossed with Claire on the couch adjacent to her. Elizabeth furrowed her brows, watching her children walk in like she was a predator and they were her preys.

"Where were you two since last night?" She asked.

"We're both adults, mum" Kendall replied, attempting to walk away but her mother's voice stopped her.

"You were with Kieran, weren't you?"

"You knew yet you're asking" Elizabeth smirked.

"It was a chance to redeem yourself and you've lost it. I get that you stayed with Kieran, Kendall. But you dragged Alfred along. And don't you have any self respect, running back to your ex husband like that" she clutched her purse tightly.

"Not every thing's about self respect, mum"

"Of course it is"

"Don't pretend you don't know why Kieran is in the hospital!" She seethed and Elizabeth raised a brow, unamused.

"I see you've been enlightened. You don't need a child with such a disease, Kendy. I was just worried about you"

"I'm sorry to say this but you also have a child with such disease. And you're getting him married to Victoria who's completely unaware of his condition"

"Not all cancers are hereditary, Kendy. Educate yourself"

"Could say the same for you, mum. Not all cases of cystic fibrosis are hereditary"

"Well, I doubt he can make children anyway"

"That's for me to know and you to find out"

"What are you trying to imply? You're going back to Kieran?" she let out a deep breath.

"Why do you even care?"

"Because-"

"Save it!" And she stormed up the stairs. Elizabeth turned to Alfred and he groaned, knowing he was next.

"And you, you're supposed to be here for your wedding preparations. Victoria can't be doing everything"

"I think I've pretty much made it clear I'm not interested in whatever it is  you're doing. Let's just get the wedding over with. It's just a day away. What's with the rush?" He gave her a sickly sweet smile and rolled his eyes.

"And I was informed Hernandez was here"

"Be specific, mum. Hernandez could be anyone"

"You know who I'm talking about, Prince. Don't play dumb with me" he let out an exasperated breath.

"Kaitlyn was here cause Kendall wanted her to get her some clothes to the hospital"

"You could have simply asked Victoria to do that"

"Victoria has no business whatsoever with Kendall and Kieran's personal life"

"She's going to be her sister in law whether she accepts it or not"