Chapter Twelve

Kaitlyn smiled when she got out of her room and met the two girls seated on a couch in the living room oblivious to why they were summoned.

She walked in, ignoring the confused and curious looks on their faces as she sat opposite them.

"Why did you call me?" Vesper asked "what was the help you wanted?"

"You called her too?" Katherine asked "you know her family think you're behind Haisley's death and now you're involving her in your personal matters again?"

"Vesper doesn't think I killed her sister" Kaitlyn explained "or that I asked someone else to do it. Right?" The girl in question scoffed and Kaitlyn smiled "you coming here proves that"

"Can you just go straight to the point?" She asked, ever the easy one to irritate.

"I think there are loopholes in the investigation. Why don't we carry out our own private investigation?"

"Like hire another private investigator?" Katherine asked

"No like why don't we check out the details of the murder. There's more than what they are letting on"

"I don't think it's a good idea. My parents are already devastated over the death of my sister" Vesper objected. "And now this I don't know"

"If this case keeps going on like this then Haisley's murderer will never be brought to light"

"But what can we do? Just three seventeen year olds"

"What do you mean what can we do?" Katherine asked "this is a crazy idea, Lyn and I'm not getting involved with you. I'm sorry"

"Come on, Kat I know you and Haisley didn't have the best of relationships but she's dead. At least show some respect for the deceased"

"It's not about my beef with Haisley it's about how bad an idea this is. We can get caught and my parents will definitely kill me"

"Please Kathy If not for Haisley then at least for me"

"I'd do anything but this for you, Kaitlyn. You shouldn't go ahead with it too. It's dangerous, risky and crazy" She stood and left, not waiting for a response from her friend. Kaitlyn sighed and turned to Vesper.

"You can get going too" Vesper scoffed.

"It won't stop you from doing what you have in mind"

"Definitely not"

"What do you have planned?"

****
Vesper gave Kaitlyn a look of disbelief and the latter grinned cheekily from the passenger's seat. Vesper groaned, leaning her head on the wheel.

"Come on, keep your morale high cause we're going to need it" Kaitlyn said "park the car there. Behind those bushes. We'll walk the rest of the way"

"Why did I ever agree to this again?" Vesper whined and began driving nonetheless.

"I pleaded with you not forced you. I'd still be here without you"

"You're going to get yourself killed someday. It already happened though"

"Please don't remind me"

"Where is he now?" She tapped her manicured black nails on the wheel.

"Therapy. Should be out by next month"

"Hope he doesn't return to his psychotic behaviors again"

"Come on, he went to the best therapy centers" Vesper pulled over. "We should get at least some meaningful data before school start next week"