Chapter Twenty-Nine

Vesper dragged Kaitlyn out of the school building into the parking lot where The Mini Big Four were. The four boys were laughing, leaning on Justin's car. Vesper grinned at Kaitlyn as they continued walking down the hallway when Kaitlyn stopped, spotting Victoria's figure in the hallway looking lost. She abruptly turned and smiled when she saw Kaitlyn and made her way towards her.

"What is she doing here?" Vesper asked, not attempting to hide her disgust at the young woman who was strutting towards them. Her smile was intact and she was dressed in a Sherpa jacket, grey sweater, faux leather leggings and white boots. Her blond hair was done in a simple bun with two strands framing her petite face.

"I have no idea. She probably came with the boys" vesper shrugged

"I guess there's my cue"

"I thought you wanted to meet Rafael" Vesper made a telephone gesture and smirked.

"There's something called a phone, Lyn. We can text and call on it. Search it up"

"Well I'm not meeting them without you"

"You have your bestie, Ma Chérie" Kaitlyn chuckled, watching her friend walk away and she turned to Victoria.

"Hey Ma Chérie" she greeted, giving Kaitlyn air kisses. "Surprised to see you here?"

"Why?"

"I didn't know you're still a high schooler"

"Well, yeah. I'm in my senior year now"

"You must be so excited, right?"

"That I am"

"I've never been to school before. Been homeschooled my whole life. Freaking est nul(freaking sucks)" Kaitlyn nodded her head, thanking her stars for concentrating in French classes and all the home tutors her grandmother had set up for her to learn foreign languages.

"But why are you here in the first place? You know someone here?" Victoria laughed.

"Apart from you and your friends, no one. I came here to look for Freddie. Eliza said he was here with his friends"

"Ugh, if he's here with his friends don't you think you should give him personal space?"

"Oh no" Kaitlyn raised a brow "he called me here, I don't know why. Something about a date"

"He said that himself?"

"He asked his mother to drop the message. I met his sister too, she doesn't also seem to like me much"

"Kendall's back!?" She exclaimed "And she didn't even tell me"

"Wow. You seem pretty close with them. And they all like you" she tried not to let the jealousy in her voice show but Kaitlyn detected it right away.

"I saw Al and his friends at the parking lot behind the school. It's their reserved area when they are here. We park there now"

"Good! Let's go. I have a surprise for him" Kaitlyn nodded her head slowly, still unsure of where Victoria was going and led her behind the school where she and Vesper were once headed.

She saw Justin and Troy were leaning on Justin's car, Rafael seated in his car while Alfred was leaning on Rafael's car.

"Hey guys" Victoria said and Alfred raised a brow at her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as Kaitlyn exchanged random heys with Troy, Justin and Rafael.

"You asked me to be here" Victoria answered "your mother dropped the message" she smiled at him and he looked at Kaitlyn who was looking at them amusedly, with crossed arms.