Chapter Fifty-Six

"Oh my God!" Kaitlyn exclaimed as she pulled out her phone from her backpack. Her boyfriend turned to her with a worried look as he scurried over to her side.

"What's wrong? Are you fine?"

"Troy called me five times! My phone has been on silent for about two hours now and I didn't notice" He pulled out his phone and noticed he didn't receive any call from his friend.

"He didn't call me... meaning it couldn't be an emergency"

"No, let me call back and confirm first" he didn't say anything and just watched she dialed Troy's number. He didn't pick the first call which made her worried and Alfred ran a hand through her hair in an attempt to calm her down.

"Do you want us to drive over to his place?"

"In a sec. It's ringing again" at the fourth ring, he picked and she let out a sigh of relief. "Troy! Are you okay? I'm so sorry I missed your call I was out and then the phone was on silent and then-"

"Relax. Take a deep breath" she swallowed and she did as she was told while Alfred pulled her closer to him. "I'm fine. I'm okay. Whatever I had to say isn't that important anymore"

"Troy, five times isn't a joke. I can come over if you want. I promise I'm not inconvenienced or something"

"Really Kaitlyn. I'm fine. It was about Dove. But it could wait for another time. You're with Al yeah?" Kaitlyn glanced at her boyfriend for a second at the mention of his name and smiled.

"Yeah, we're together. But-"

"Al and you have been separated for way too long. First it was the London thing and then this, so don't really worry about me. I'm fine. Enjoy the rest of your day" and with that he hung up. Kaitlyn's once upon a time smile turned into a pout and it made Alfred cup her face and place a light kiss on her lips.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Troy sounded kind of worried. But then he said nothing was wrong. He did mention Dove though"

"Dove? His father's girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Troy isn't a huge fan of her"

"Yeah well no one is" his statement made her glare at him.

"Dove is nice. And she really likes Erick and Troy" Alfred scoffed as he opened the car door for her.

"Kaye, you think everyone is nice"

"No I don't. I know when someone's been a bitch"

"Yeah, right" He rolled his eyes as he shut the door and jog over to the driver's side.

"Yeah. Like when we first met. You were been so bitchy. And then you had the audacity to ask why I didn't like you" Alfred smiled as he liked his lips at the memory.

"I'm not usually like that" he rubbed the nape of his neck and grinned at her. "I was just really confused. I uhm, you might not remember but we met at your fathers's party. After the grand opening of the hospital. I knew who you were, but you had no idea who I was. And to be honest, I've liked you since then. I haven't been able to get you out of my mind. So it just drove me crazy when I felt like I knew you but couldn't place where. But when I found out you were Chris's daughter whom I've been looking for, you had no idea how ecstatic I was"

She slowly lifted her eyes to look at his, finding only pure love and adoration in his eyes for her which made her heart swell.

"-I've probably said this a million times but I'm saying this again and I'll keep saying it; I really love you, Kaye. Even Too much for my own good I guess. But it doesn't really matter. All I care about is you. Us"