Seventy-One

"It's kinda annoying that the Commission is 'demanding' this." I sigh, flipping through my papers "But learning in the classroom or training with classmates can only teach so much."

"Very true Kiki." Nezu remarks from his spot in Aizawa's scarf.

"So basically," Midnight says "the Commission is admitting that they[re understaffed, even in this society that's supposedly saturated with heroes."

" 'Our objective is for students to learn how to cope with the organized villain group which have been on the rise recently'." Ectoplasm reads "Obviously what happened in Deika has got them worried."

I stiffen a little, it only been two weeks or something right? "Of course it is." Aizawa remarks, bringing me mentally back to UA "There's no way they can openly say that students are being drafted to combat the villain threat. That wouldn't go over well."

"This is unprecedented." Cementoss frowns.

"At any rate, preparing for crises is nothing new for heroes." Nezu states "Let's reach out to some heroes with good track records. We'll call it a winter break assignment. Be sure to tell your students about it."

"You were in Deika City at the time of the attack weren't you." Aizawa states after the other teachers and Nezu left the room. I don't reply, putting my papers back into the folder they came in.

"Azula, I know my students." he says, getting up from his chair "Something happened there that wasn't in the report."

"There's a lot that happened that wasn't in the report due to the ones that instigated it covering it up." I state, a little more firm than I normally would, a mistake on my part.

"Kiki," now it's Eraser's turn to be firm, "is this 'winter assignment' even going to prepare them for what might go down."

"If the commission-"

"We both know you barely care what comes from their mouth." he interrupts "I'm asking you as someone who is out on the field and not in an office building."

I look down at the folder "I honestly don't know." I admit quietly "I mean, it's better than nothing. But the group the Commission is concerned about, they've been training their quirks for years and planning to attack for much longer. I know the first years especially have proven themselves against the odds countless times, but these guys had time on their hands to perfect their skills."

Aizawa lets out a gruff before sitting down next to me "So the Commission is not as worried as they should be." he says.

"No quite, I've been reporting to Nezu than the Commission but the other hero they have assigned doesn't have the trust of some of the higher ups in the group so he is being monitored almost constantly even with my efforts." I lean back a bit in the chair, looking at the ceiling "I'm trying to prepare 1-A but I keep getting pulled in every direction."

"You're doing fine considering the fact that you're not officially their teacher." Aizawa tells me "Now get going, doubt you had anything but coffee and that boyfriend of yours is a real stickler when you don't eat."

"Someone has to be."

— Several Days Later —

"Hurry up Okaasan!" Kenma yells, running ahead towards Heights Alliance. Yesterday we were visiting my mom before going to my family home, then this morning with Katsuki's parents; Kenma being a hyper ball of energy as any child would for Christmas.

"Merry Christmas everyone." I smile, walking in after Kenma who immediately hops into his father's arms, taking Katsuki's ears off.

"I thought you were with Dad and them." Toya remarks, wearing his Santa's outfit that almost everyone is wearing. "That was yesterday." I say, yawning a little. It was a very early morning.