Fifty-three

Man, why did Dabi have to be all mood breaking when he could've been punny?

Hours later

"Hmf" I groan from my bed with rhythmatic beeps beside me, opening before deciding to close my eyes again to sleep. "Hey, you're awake." and my eyes are open again "Oh, hey Rumi. Didn't see ya there." I smile at my friend before trying to sit up.

Yeah nope! "Woah there kid, you're going to tear the stitches." Rumi says, "Just the stitches? I feel like I lost a kidney!"

"I see you're awake Ms. Todoroki." the doctor walks in "That's good to see. Mirko, if you would?"

"Sure thing Doc, I'll let the Firelord and the Chicken King know that you are awake." she says leaving the room.

"So, how are you feeling?" the doctor asks, sitting in the chair. "About normal aside from when I tried to sit up." I shrug, the doctor nods "That's good, none of the nerves were damages when you got impaled not when you used your quirk to cover the cut." must've been on autopilot after the fall. "You did have some burns but those were easily treated by Recovery Girl, just one more treatment from her and you will be good to go." they smile, "That's good to hear, if you can answer, how's my dad?" I ask "I know the most Hawks had was his feathers burning and maybe a couple scratches so I ain't worried about him."

"Luckily for you I am infact his doctor too, the main thing for him is over heating, so a few burns. His eye is good too. Honestly he was a bit closer to death than you were even with your fall." 

I nod my head "That's good to hear." I then sit up carefully, ignoring the pain since I don't feel my skin tugging, before getting off the bed. "Which room is he in?" I ask, I'm stable on my feet thank goodness. "Room 669, take your IV with you." the doctor says, so someone warned him about me. Probably Rumi. I head down the hall in the direction of his room, walking by my bunny friend "Just got done talking to the bird, going to visit the old man?" she asks. "Nah, just taking my IV walk." I joke, Mirko rubs my head "Okay kid, congrats on the rank though."

"Thanks Mirko. See ya later?"

"Duh, I'm bringing you your soba." she laugh before going to elevator "I'mma see if Yuki can make it extra special for ya."

"Thanks." I smile before continuing to my father's room.

"669." I say before knocking on the door before entering the room "Top of the mornin' to ya Dad." I grin, "Well that saved me some walking." Recovery Girl says "Sit down, I can finish your healing now Dearie. Just got done with your father."

After they were released

"I'm glad you both are alright and that you still got your left eye Endeavor." Hawks says, walking Dad and I to the station "Especially since it would've been my fault."

"No it wouldn't Bird Brains." I eye roll, "How Vai. of you to believe that." Dad says "It's my responsibility and mine alone if I get hurt."

"Where was this when I needed a senior quote?" I ask [Do they do senior quotes in Japan?] "Can I use that when I get hurt too?" Keigo asks, but doesn't get an answer "That Nomu made a beeline straight for us and just after we arrived in town, interesting coincidence." Dad states, "Sure is. But of course the new top heroes are gonna attract attention, walking around near the station." my friend reasons "The enemy must've spotted us and jumped on the opportunity." in all reality, it probably has to do with our undercover work. "It's also possible that the rumors about Nomu popping up we're just bait to lure heroes out to hunt." I shrug. "Anyhow I'd better get in touch with the team searching for the League." Hawks says, "Yeah? Watch your backs." Dad says "Make sure you get enough help incase of a similar attack happens again."

"So you do care!" the blonde chirps, "I'm going to burn you." my father growls. "Hey, Mirko and I have a bet that we won't smell burning flesh if he gets a nice cooking." I point out "I am dead set that you'd smell like burnt chicken and not burning flesh "

"Where did that even come from?" Hawks exclaims. "Okay, rabbits have better sent if smell than humans, her quirk is rabbit and she claims that I smell like peppermint and that you smell like fresh fried chicken, so I theorized that if you were to burn that we would not smell flesh but instead burnt chicken." I explain. "I am not even going to question this." Dad grumbles just as we get to the gates for the train station. "I'll catch you guys later, and you better take it easy Azula." Hawks warns the last bit, I don't even look as I raise a singular hand up with only my thumb and middle finger out.

"Are you going to take time off?" Dad asks, I give a shrug "Probably not as much as Chicken King would want, Fujiwara is doing some upgrades to my costume after what happened but I still have the og that I can use for patrol." I answer "But I'm probably just going to help at UA so it's not going to be as big of deal." Fujiwara is the one more or less in charge of my support gear, along with Toya's now. I gave her a design for his new one, did I mention that she works part-time as Hawks's sidekick?

"I am assuming the same costume you used last year." he says, yeah I had to use it once when Hawks feathered my costume in my third year, only because I kinda sorta almost got killed heading over to school. I did not fucking plan to be at a shop in time for a robbery and then get shot a few times.

"Yup." I yawn, man that session from Recovery Girl took a lot out of me now that I am sitting. "Sleep, there is not sense in you over working yourself when you just got out of the hospital." Dad says beside me. "I'll be fiiine." I yawn again "Just didn't have enough caffeine after Recovery Girl healed the last bit."

"Didn't you get something to drink before we left?"

"BodyArmor SuperDrink® does not contain caffeine. At least the normal ones don't." I reply. But I still end up falling asleep on the train.