Fifty-one

Hehe

"So," Hawks says as him, Dad and I walk down the streets "what're you in the mood to eat Endeavor? Because I know Kiki wants Soba." my friend asks as he stops a flasher without even looking "I know a great hot pot place with good chicken stock, you two are hungry yeah?"

"Out if place more like it for me." I mumble, not only am I out in the open in broad daylight, I am in costume, walking with the number two heroes and without my beanie so yeah, I feel out of place and trying not to hide in the alley or behind Dad or Hawks's wings. Does not help that people are noticing the iconic red feathers "Or a Yakitori Joint! This place called Yoritori has amazing liver skewers." I've never cooked liver before. "Hey, it's Hawks!" someone yells and another notes "You don't often see him just walking around!" Please don't notice me. And there's people, I immediately move over by my father more, mainly because he is more intimidating to most. I don't like crowds much, and there is one around Hawks, "Hey you're Kiki right?" a girl asks as Dad walks away. "Yup, that's me." I smile, "Wow! Congrats on getting Number One and so young too!" 

"Thanks. Didn't expect to get here so soon." I smile as more gather. HAWKS!! You should fucking know I don't like being crowded around. "Can I get your autograph?" someone asks thrusting a paper and pen to me. "Uh Sure." I sign with Kiki in romanji with my attempt of a quick snowflake over the first i (looks more like astrick to me) and a little flame over the other. "Here ya go." I smile handing them back before running off to catch up to the Number Twos.

Doop

"Dad, I am cringing for you." I pinch the bridge of my nose after he told us what happened with the fan "Some people, no specification on who, like the fact you don't care about what most people think."

"She's right, that's what they'll tell you, it's just not in your character." Hawks adds as I eat my Yakitori, "Oh. Are you going to finish that Endeavor?" Bird, you better let me have some too. "You glutton. Go in eat your fill." Dad eye rolls from across the table, "That's how I am. When I want something, I go for it." Hawks says just in time for me to yonk a skewer from his hand. A little rude but hey, not out of character for the two of us. "Like after the Sports Festival, when I try scouting your boy." Hawks says, he is use to me stealing his food, "The Son of the Number Two hero would've been a nice feather in my cap."

"Seems like his teacher has good taste when it came to advising him which hero to work with then." I remark with a smirk at my friend. "But now I'm glad it was Tsukuyomi who came with me. Since little Shoto tarnished his rep by failing his licensing exam." I slap Hawks outside of the head, "That is harder than the UA entrance exam stupid. The fact the class took it this year is something to take into account." I state calmly to those that don't know me. 

"You're no U.A. Alum, but you sure stay informed." Dad notes, "I keep my eyes and ears open." Hawk puts his arms out, "The eldest brat is probably keeping him informed." I shrug only for a feather to poke me a little hard. "Cut the crap. Why'd you really drag us down to Kyushu?" Dad asks, he's getting a bit impatient, "Those Nomu, the League's freaky remodeled puppets. When we captured All for One, we also found a few dozen that were stashed away in Kamino. 

"The League's made some trouble since then, but there haven't been any more Nomu sightings." 

"So either you two rounded up all of them," Hawks says "or there's more, but only old AFO knows where they are. Those are the two lines of thought."

"You're the one talking rumors. So you must have proof if you're suggesting teaming up." Dad says, he has a point, "Nope, no proof. Just rumors."

And there's goes Dad's patients "CHECK! I'M OUT OF HERE!"

"Dad, sit your ass down. All rumors have a sliver of truth." I sigh. "Hold on, now listen." Hawks says, ignoring what I said, "The Nomu sightings aren't just happening here. Or haven't you two heard? These stories are springing up all over the country. Well, not enough to make it into the papers, but enough that housewives and school kids are gossiping about it."

"Meaning?" Dad asks, still standing while I eat my Yakitori, "I first heard about it from the locals when I was away on business." my friend continues "So I teamed up with the police, though we kept the investigation under wraps to avoid panic. Nothing turned up. Still, I was curious. So I've been flying around the country making some inquiries of my own."

"Inquires?" 

"There are slight discrepancies between accounts, but similar stories are popping up in unrelated areas. Still, totally unsubstantiated at this point."

I nod my head as I set my stick down "I also have reason to believe that there are still some more of them based on what I have gathered this far on my current mission. But nothing to back it up." I add, I don't have much on if there are still Nomu out there due to Shigaraki looking for this doctor guy. "Thanks for that input Kiki, those remodeled villains are just about the creepiest things on people's minds, right?" Hawks says "But I say some idiot got it in their head to tell a few tales and rile people up. And now those tales are spreading across the country."

"But that is a good way to hide their trail," I point out "just say enough that people are talking about it but not enough for the news and most heroes to look into it."

"That guy earlier, screaming 'Long Live Metahuman Liberation', this is kinda like that." Hawk continues "They republished some old-school criminal's autobiography, and it's flying off the shelves. I'm thinking that's influencing people. That stuff tends to sell best when society's feeling unstable, right?"

"Well ain't you a know-it-all. What're you getting at here? Spit it out." Dad growls. "I want our top hero to be a leader we can rely on!" Hawks says, I stand up "Well I'm out, I'm only fifteen."

"Yeah, but people will probably look at Endeavor more as a leader since he is more experience and known. But both of you should look into these ominous rumors and tell everyone there's nothing to fear!" Hawks gives a thumbs up "Puff out your chest and give them the message! While I sit back and take it easy!"

"Nope!" I cross my arm, I can assume Dad is giving me a weird look "If I have to stand in the spot light as Number One, a position I would not have had if you, Tweety bird, did not recommend me to it so if I can't have it easy then you can't either."

"Come on Azula," Hawks whines "I just wanna enjoy myself. Seriously. Do some leisurely patrolling, put in a few appearances, say 'Aw shucks, no trouble today's and get a good night's sleep! That's my ideal life! I wanna make this world one where heroes have time to kill." I let out a sigh, but before I can question aloud about how the two of us became friends when I notice something out side the window beging Hawks. Is that- "um Kiki, Endeavor."

Well that's no bird my friends and that is zooming towards us just as the server walks in "Your bill, heroes."

"GET BACK MISS!" Hawks yells just before the thing crashes into the room. "wHo'S tHe BeSt HeRe? tHe StRoNgEsT?" 

"I told ya rumors have a sliver of truth!" I yell, an ice wall behind me, the woman screaming. "Hawks, get her to safety!" Dad orders as I put in my ear piece "Hope you have you head set with ya Hawks." I mumble as my friend replies "Roger that! And you guys?"

"I'mma kick ass, duh." I give a smirk, I didn't know Shiggy was teaching these guys new tricks, is it going to roll over next? "Some rumors are true huh?" Dad remarks "It's your lucky day, pal. Here we go."

Had some fun this chapter, got any nicknames Azula can use for Hawks?