Seven

"I still can't believe you." I tell Hawks as I fix dinner with his help. "About?" he asks getting the cooking Sake for me, "You not telling me that you were fucking dating my brother." I reply, making the sauce for Oyakudon. "In my defense, it was him who was being all shy about it and kinda given the task of telling you since he doesn't know about, ya know." Hawks says. "Yeah yeah." I say before starting to cook some of the onions. Sho is coming over so I'm making extra for him. 

We finish cooking just in time for Toya to wake up all groggy and Sho to arrive. "Hey Sho." I smile at my brother after Hawks let him in. "Hey Sis, need help?" my twin replies, I was starting set the table. "Yeah, Hawks can you get Toya please." I say as Shoto grab the bowls of food after my confirmation of needing help. "Sure thing." my co-worker smiles before walking off to get his lover. Soon after, Toya is groggily walking into the kitchen.

We start eating, Hawks mostly keeping up a conversation by telling stories of various villains since none of the rest of us are not ones to talk while eating. "Then I-" Hawks says before being interrupted by our phones going off I pull mine out, reading the message before dashing off to get my costume on. 

There's a fire not to far from here, Hawks and I are the closest to it. "Where the hell are you two going?" Toya asks as Shoto continues eating. "Fire nearby." I answer running out the door and to the stairs going up. Even from the roof, I can see where the fire is thanks to the plume of smoke in the Southwest, it must be a big one. "Let's go." Hawks says before picking me up and zooming over to the fire.

As soon as I touch down, I wet a black mask and put it on to protect my lungs from the smoke "Is there anyone in there that we know of?" I ask a firefighter, "All that is left is a kid," he answers "but we can't seem to find him."

"I'll go and look, Hawks!" I say before calling to my friend and tossing one of my headsets over to him "Keep this on you got it?" I then run into the burning house to look for the kid. 

It's times like these where my quirk is very helpful along with the type of training I do with it. I am able to keep my body temperature stable, but I haven't tried it with extreme heat like that of a burning house, seems like a good time to try.

I look around the burning home, my eyes starting to tear up due to the smoke. I have to keep going through "Hello?!" I call "Is there anyone there?!" At first, I do t hear anything over the crackling of the flames. I go upstairs and call again, this time I hear something: the faint sound of someone coughing to right.

I don't hesitate to say that I think I found the kid as I kicked down the door. I see the kid and I immediately take my shirt off and wrap it around them, since it was fireproof, before breaking the window and jumping out with the kid in my arms.

I land on my back with the kid on top of me, the air knocked out of me thanks to my pristine landing. "Kiki!" I hear Hawks tell as I slowly refill my lungs. I lift my right hand up in a this up as I glance up-back-ish to see him coming over with a paramedic.

The medic take the kid off of me, making it a bit easier to breath. "You okay kid?" Hawks asks "That looked like a nasty fall." he then notes, leaning over me "Yeah." I manage to get out as I lift my hand up again, my friend helps me up, first sitting then standing. "Come on, let's have the paramedics check you out." Hawks steadies me before we walk over to the nearby ambulance; as we walk over, Toya and Shoto rushes over. Well more Toya rushing and Shoto walking.

"What the hell Sis!" Toya says, I just shrug as I am places on the gurney. "I'm going to call a medic over." Hawks says before going off to do so. "Your shoulder is bleeding 'Nee-san." Sho informs me, I look at my right shoulder, 'n' whaddya know! I got some good size shards of glass sticking out of my shoulder.

Hawks returns and the EMT looks at my shoulder "You're probably going to need some stitches." they tell me "And you got some burns too." Looks like I have to go to the hospital again. "Okay." I smile before taking off my black mask (completely forgot about it) and putting on an O2 mask on. The EMT goes off to see if there is anything else, since I'm not bleeding that bad in my opinion and experience. "Hey Hawks, any word on the kid?" I ask.

Suddenly, a kid runs over to us. He had brown hair at the top that goes blonde at the tips. I am betting this is the kid only because he was holding on to my shirt "I don't wanna go!" he yells at no on in particular. "Hey." I say, the kiddo looks up at me and soon gives me grabby hands, so I did the only logical thing: I picked him up.

"Stubborn." Hawks answers my earlier question, the kid wraps his arms around me. "Or scared idiot." Toya says.