"Promise me... promise me you'll tell me if you can't text for the day!" He choked out.

He felt (M/N) hug him, his palms rubbing against his back, calming him.

"I promise."

"And promise me you'll be okay and you'll come back to me."

"I promise."

"Don't break it."

"I never do." Oikawa looked up, he saw a few tears streaming down (M/N)'s face, but it seemed it was more for relief that they would -hopefully- be okay. "After all, I did promise I would never leave your side."

Oikawa nuzzled into his chest more, his grip tightened.

(M/N) kissed his forehead, they both sighed, "I have to go." He mumbled, "I need to head back before they have my ass for leaving."

He pulled away from the shorter male, he smile gently. "I'll win you back." He ruffled Oikawa's hair and walked away, Oikawa watched his retreating figure until the male disappeared into a taxi to get back to the airport.

He took a shaky breath and began to walk back into the gym. Watching as they all looked suspicious, Oikawa narrowed his eyes. He knew they listened.

"Are you feeling alright, now?" Iwaizumi asked.

A tiny -real- smile spread across his face. "Yeah. More than alright."

~~

(M/N) was true to his word. Even when he felt exhausted, even when he felt like death and got a maximum of two hours of sleep, he made sure to text Oikawa. He would respond whenever he could.

The days went by, and they never went a single day without at least saying one word to each other. But, because (M/N) left in the middle of the night to come see Oikawa after he broke up with him, he couldn't come home to visit for a bit.

They had set days they could leave and see the people they loved, but it was always hard to leave from the dangerous work they were doing.

Oikawa frowned when (M/N) first told him, but he understood. Although (M/N) did mention how he couldn't wait two more months and Oikawa -once more- blocked him for a few hours. And now he won't hear the end of it, (M/N) may be two years older and more mature than the male, but he found it funny when he brought the topic up, knowing Oikawa would whine and tell him it wasn't his fault.

(M/N) agreed. Oikawa did have the right to break up with him. But, it was still funny bringing it up for his reaction.

Although, their time difference practically killed them inside. (M/N) would text a 'good morning, i won't text for awhile.'

Oikawa would respond by the time he woke up and it would be sometime in the evening for the older male, but (M/N) still wouldn't respond until he was in bed.

But one night, Oikawa woke up in a pool of sweat. He had a nightmare and he just wanted to talk to (M/N), but he saw a text message that his phone wouldn't be on him because he would be working on an engine by himself.

So, Oikawa tried to sleep, he tossed and turned, but sleep was not coming. Every time he closed his eyes he saw his nightmare, usually (M/N) would help him through it, but he didn't want to disturb him.

Maybe since he's busy, I can hear his voice through his voicemail...

And he felt better just thinking about it, so he turned his light on, going to call (M/N). But he clicked facetime instead, he was about to hang up since there's really no voice mail for facetime, but someone answered.