Chapter 58: Heroin

You broke out in sweat and tears, only to find Sunghoon right next to you, having a confused yet pissed off expression

"You..." he growled under his breath, not being able to say or do anything except let out a sigh, almost like if he was relieved you were okay. Straightening his posture a bit, he placed you under a tree, as though he was trying his best to cover you from the terrible storm...even though you were already soaking wet.

His eyes kept meeting yours, showing soft eyes that differed from his usual frosty persona.

"Do you...do you even know how much you danger you just put yourself in by escaping?! You're lucky I found you in time, if not you would have been-"" and before he could even a say a word, you decided to ignore his worries and interrupt his scolding, by making a light hearted joke!

"Guess you're not so scared of the rain now huh..."

"Is that all you care about right now?! Is that really what we should be focusing on right now?!"

"Yes, that's exactly what we should be focusing on right now." he let out a loud yet relieved sigh, as he held onto you tightly, grasping your arms tightly.

You looked deeper into his eyes, suddenly feeling enticed by his cold aura. His frozen lips made you shiver, as you placed your hand on your forehead, checking to see if he had a fever of some sort.

Sunghoon's POV

My eyes began to water alongside the terrible storm, as my heart started to quickly accelerate at the sight of you. I didn't want to commit the same mistake as I had done so many centuries.

I wanted to save you; I wanted you to have at least one happy ending, but FATE was against you. The cards were being stacked against you, the story was already entering it's climax.

No matter how much I tried to push it back, try to hide these everlasting feelings for you...our time was quickly running out.

This moment was going to occur sooner or later, it was just a matter of time before our old habits would come back. Your endless curiosity and my deep lust for your everything, its was all set it stone.

No matter how hard I could try and force you to run away from me, hide from me...fear me. Your innocent-like mind would just not budge. You would continue to stay by my side, like a mosquito who's determined to take a sip of my blood...but I guess I'm the mosquito, aren't I?

I looked deep into your eyes, you changed so much from that day yet your eyes were still those bright, star-like eyes like before. Your luscious black hair was gone, your skin that was paler than me had turned tanner.

So much of you had changed, but you were still my one and only lover; You were and you would always be my Selene...my Y/N.

That's why I could resist anymore, as the vision of you and your younger self flashed before my eyes, becoming one in the same. My world kept spinning, as I looked at you with a confused, exhausted look.

Was I manipulating you like last time? Was I creating a false reality to escape my endless misery without me even realizing it? If I wasn't, then why you were looking at me with the same expression as that terrible night?

That night must never be talked about, that day, that month...that century. The forbidden century, that century I had spent alongside you and the century where I lost you.

"I'm sorry...Y/N."

"Sorry for what? Sunghoon you haven't done anything!!! In fact, I'm the one who should be sorry." you gave me a small smile, as your cheeks rose up to the very top of your eyes, forming a small eye crinkle in-between.

"For doing this." I smashed my lips against yours in an almost desperate manner, I was a hopeless case. I had reached the point of insanity for you.

Once I had tasted a small bite, I couldn't stop myself from tasting the sweet temptation of your lips, as a small tingle reached my brain. This was a feeling of euphoria I hadn't nibbled on in many centuries.

I wasn't going to stop, I had gone too long without your lips, even if it hadn't been so long, that is what your drugging aura would do to me.

You were like my own personal brand of heroin.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

OWEHFOEBFEWBFHRBFIBFWEUFBWEUIFBWE NO I DID NOT JUST USE A TWILIGHT QUOTE-

I COULDN'T CONTAIN MYSELF I'M SORRY, ALSO SORRY FOR THE CRINGE AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES, I JUST WANTED TO QUICKLY POST SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE FATE'S 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARYYYY!!

ALSO IDK IF I'M GOING TO OFFICIALLY GET OUT OF HIATUS, BUT...CONSIDER YOURSELVES LUCKY AS YOU'RE GETTING A TREAT :)

ALSO THEY FINALLY LIKE REALLY KISSED, LIKE OFFICIALLY KISSED~!

literally feel so single RN tho.