Chapter 19: Dark Moon

You looked around, only red filled the walls, the sofa and the endless hallway in front of you

Panic immediately started to fill your veins, your muscles, your entire body, as you started to quickly scream, realizing what you had done.

But, even through all of that screaming, a small, sly chuckle escaped your lips. Maybe it was the crazy, addicting feeling there was after looking at such bright, colorful red. Maybe it was the euphoric feeling of finally ending such itch that was at the back of your head.

Or maybe, it was intoxication to such actions, to such screams and stupid smiles he gave you. Although you felt extremely guilty for thinking such thoughts, not wanting to become the same as the one you killed.

But, now you understood why he was crazed over such risky feeling, too bad it took his life for you to realize that.

You quickly cut up Hongjoong's body into smaller and more smaller pieces, you looked at the lighter in your hands, you knew exactly what you had to do.

Watching as the fire grew a ring around the body parts, you took a big, deep breath of air, as you watched from the second floor, observing how the fire turned his body into ashes before it could ever reach the ground.

You turned around, realizing that you forgot about the other body that Hongjoong surely killed...or so you thought.

Because when you started to inspect the victim's body, you noticed an odd detail about the body and as soon as you noticed, you immediately you knew that it couldn't be Hongjoong who killed them.

The body had no signs of Hongjoong's inicials, no matter where you would check, there were no signs of Hongjoong's essence anywhere. It couldn't possibly be him.

Although it might not seem like it, you knew a lot of about Hongjoong, more than you should know.

OMG I NEVER KNEWWW!! Yup, definitely never noticed, like never saw that being pointed out!! Like NEVER!!!

You immediately felt a sick, gut feeling inside of your stomach, knowing and not wanting to admit to the fact that Hongjoong, was indeed saying the truth. He didn't kill them, he didn't do anything at all.

Does this mean...that the scream was his? Did you hear his last scream of terror, without ever even realizing it?

You heard some running, and immediately you knew that you had to do something.

For the one who killed, was not the killer, but the unknown...and that put yourself in a position between guilty and righteousness.

END OF FLASHBACK

All of these years, you had to pretend that you were the law, that you were the victim, being innocent the whole time.

It felt sick, knowing that people looked up towards someone that was a murderer, a murderer who killed one of their kind.

You knew that this was the price to pay, for having such unthinkable thoughts, for ever having any sort of want to clean such foul world, stained with people like him, and people like you.

People like them.

But how could you ever pay when you were the one to save? How could you be the villain and still save everyone from such beings?

What are you, Y/N? What line do you stand on?

You looked towards the back of the small piece paper they had sent for you and Felix, noticing it having an address.

This wasn't just a small, random poetic writing, this was an invitation, an invitation to another party.

A masquerade, filled with expensive masks that lie and deceive people from who you really are and what you have to better society as a whole.

XXXXXXXXX, XXXX, XXXX

Tonight, 7pm, Formal Attire is expected from guests for this masquerade.

"Masquerade...? What a lame party." you commented, as you showed the rest such news, chuckling on how lame the party sounded.

How would they ever have any victims with such a lame party like that? People would already be yawning at the beginning, not even bothering to look around for the back.

"It's obviously for their identities to stay anonymous, so they can drink whoever's blood, being able to do whatever the f*ck they want without getting caught." snapped Felix, sighing with a hint of irritation.

You sighed back, that was the unwanted truth, such hard pill that all of you had to swallow to move on to the next part, taking action.

Dami seethed with anger, you could see as she slowly started to turn red, snatching the piece of paper and throwing it towards the trash can.

"Do not get any sort of ideas, Y/N." her teeth kept clashing in between each other, making her words sound a bit funny, in your eyes, or I guess ears.

You slightly sneered at the sight of her and how much she knew you, but at the same time you internally face palmed, for she was great at acting smart, but she really was stupid sometimes.

"Dami, how the f*ck can I not go?! Do you know what this means for society itself?! They're basically saying they're back for more!!"

"Y/N, listen to me, they're just leading you into a trap. They know how you act, they knew how much a curious person you are, that's why you're in this situation in the first place!!"

"But the only way to know, is to follow the trap!! Are you not scared what this means for every single person who innocently went to this party?!"

"They should've f*cking listened to the news saying how it was time for the Dark Moon to arise again!! I told you that it wasn't a coincidence!!" you rolled your eyes at her comments.

Apparently, the day that you and Felix met, was the day where the apparent "Dark Moon" happened, people didn't think it was a coincidence.

You always thought it was one of those stupid theories again, but apparently it wasn't.

"No one will believe that bullsh*t!!" you agrued, looking at her dead in the eye, eyes filled with fury was all you could ever see.

"Well maybe they should've listened because if they just stayed in their f*cking houses, maybe those big, bad vampires wouldn't have drank their blood like if it was f*cking apple juice!!"

"Maybe if YOU had listened to me, we'd have Siyeon back, we'd be happily together again. She could've been the doctor that she always wanted to be and I could've been the lawyer I always dreamed to be."

"But instead I'm stuck doing this job, all because of you, because your curiosity just had to get in the middle of everything again!! Because why f*ck not right?! That's just who you are!!"

"F*ck you, Y/N, f*ck you."