Chapter 32: Don't Dream

Your eyes slowly started to close and open, feeling extremely heavy while trying to stay awake

Your eyes slowly started to close and open, feeling extremely heavy while trying to stay awake. Your shift had ended a few hours ago, yet you were determined to continue researching and finding out what defeated those vampires.

"Well a crucifix didn't really work, so scratch that off the list." you started to mark off the giant word with your pencil, as you stated to hit it in out most desperation.

"What is it?! What could it possibly be?!" there were so many options to choose from, yet you didn't know how to contain them to experiment on them.

You knew there had to be a way to get rid of them, but you weren't sure if there was a way to
fully imprison them. They were basically roaming around the police station like if it was their's!!

You slammed your table, having the urge to destroy every single piece of evidence you had about those damn vampires. You were sick and tired of having to deal with them and their existence that tainted your life in every single way.

Having the want to just start breaking down, you slowly started to bite your arm, the ironic taste of blood hitting your senses. Once you had stopped hurting yourself in such way, the unfamiliarity and the sudden fear hit you like an absolute train wreck.

The pain of your wound could never compare to the terror you felt in such moment. You could hear the sounds of footsteps coming your way, as the blood on your hand started to drip down towards the floor.

You needed to find a place to hide or else you would turn into cold meat.

Running towards and trying to find the best place to hide. you could only hear the footsteps coming closer and closer, which frightened you even more, until you bumped into something hard, really hard.

"Ow...wait, Y/N, is that you?" you slowly and groggily looked up towards whoever was talking to you, only to find one of your co-workers, Chaeryeong, who seemed to have the same confused face as you.

"What are you doing at this time of the hour?! Don't tell me you're still working!!" you could only glance back at her with a cheeky smile, while rubbing the back of your neck. She looked at you with a sort of playful yet scolding frown.

"It's dangerous to go out alone, especially when it's so dark outside!!" she held you by both of your hands, like if she was trying to handcuff you, yet she didn't even have them to do so.

"Are really you planning to go home alone like this?!"

"I was planning of calling an Uber or catching the bus." her eyes widen in shock while she just looked at you with a completely baffled expression.

"There's no need to do that!! Just come with me, my car is parked right outside!" you felt a bit sorry for taking away her time like that, especially at such a late hour; Having to drive you home would be dangerous for her, as well...but you just didn't have the guts to deny her either.

"You really don't have to, Chaeryeong."

"But I must!!" she tied her arms around yours and went towards the exit door skipping around, trying to find her keys in her enormous bag, until a loud noise made you two freeze in your individual positions.

Some sudden hands pulled you away from her, your sight completely being covered by a random piece of cloth.

The last thing that you could hear were of Chaeryeong's screaming, begging to be kept alive and that she wouldn't do something anymore.

To spare her life, but from what you remembered, that really wasn't the case. You didn't really understand why every single time, they would try to spare your life.

Didn't they hate you? Didn't they want revenge from you? Is this their form of revenge? Are they planning to play the long game instead, deciding to slowly drive you insane with these questions? You didn't think so, you were sure of that, just like last time, you would survive.

You would survive even though you didn't really have any means to, the only two things keeping you from going towards the other side, was your teammates and the entirety of humanity.

Their safety.

TIME SKIP

You instantly woke up, still being in your desk, still having the same papers, that you were so desperately trying to finish, in the exact position where you had left them.

"It was nothing but a dream...thank goodness."you let out a loud sigh, while still having the sort of doubt in your mind, that just wouldn't go away yet.

Slowly turning your head towards the sides, you tried to look around, to see if anyone was still at the office, yet you didn't find anyone there. Something that did feel off, was that the door was wide open.

You had barged the door open once you realized your wound was starting to bleed out.

You looked down in absolute horror to find the same wound, that was now covered by a secure bandage. Not being able to scream or at least cry for help, due to the fear that was following through your veins, the only thing that you could was steadily open the doors, only to be greeted by the seven vampires you feared the most.

It never was a dream, but a twisted reality.

You saw them as they started to mess around the office, throwing and shredding papers apart, slamming computers onto the floors and all of this while having a ridiculous smile on their faces; The only thing that you could was just look as they destroyed everything you're co-workers had worked for, the amount of progress you all had being torn into pieces.

And what had angered you the most was that they did so while having the absolute time of their vampire lives.

That was when you decided to muster up all the courage that you had left in your body, to let out the loudest, screeching scream your lungs could allow.