Chapter 54: The Importance of Days

His eyes widened, as his hand hovered over his injury, quivering a bit

His eyes widened, as his hand hovered over his injury, quivering a bit. Naturally, a few tears escaped from your eyes, knowing very that the whining voice had just set you up, tricking you into doing such thing.

But...you didn't have any choice, it was either that or getting silenced by the voices.

Sunghoon wouldn't say a word towards you, only looking at you with those vulnerable, hurt eyes. His hand fell towards the side of the bed, revealing the wound to be...completely gone.

It had vanished.

You let out a loud gasp, but really, you shouldn't have been surprised at all. You knew very well that his kind was able to heal wounds incredibly fast, by a millisecond really. The bullets back at the masquerade proved this theory very well.

Yet no matter how many times you'd see it, you could never fully understand just how non-human he was.

The two to you just stared at each other, not even daring to say a word to each other, making the wind and rain the only ones heard. In that moment you realize, that there really was only one thing left for you to do.

Run.

You sprinted towards the door and was headed straight towards Sunoo's bedroom, not even daring to look back behind you. Quickly pulling onto the lever-disguised-as-a-book and running down the multiple flights of stairs, before noticing the fact that the door had just closed.

And there seemed to be no way out.

Your heart was racing and you weren't entirely sure if it was because of all the stress and running you made it go through...or because you almost pissed your pants by what you had done.

There was really nothing else for you to do except continue walking down the creaky staircase, in the creepy cave that was being lit with nothing but some tiny torches that were placed seven treads apart from each other.

The further you'd get from the door, the fainter the rain would get and the more clearer the sound of something dripping would get.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" no one answered, no one except the dripping, of course, so you just decided to continue walking, until reaching the very end of the stairs.

You looked around the cavern, only finding yourself surrounded by a bunch of columns and pointy rocks. You kept searching, until something caught your eye...a small, twitching light.

Getting closer and closer, you could make out a shape of what the light was illuminating. It was rectangular shaped and was on a sort of high pedestal that was covered in fancy marble; The object also seemed to be covered in old leather.

That's when you realized, that the item you were currently looking at and was on what looked like as a high-end podium, was in fact...just an old, raggedy book that actually from a far view, was pretty similar to the notebook you wrote about your most important days about.

You were now standing right in front of it and weirdly enough, the light (that you now noticed was actually a small lightbulb) kept flickering even more now and the dripping noise suddenly became very slow and more echoey, instantly giving you goosebumps.

A bunch of slurred whispers kept nagging onto your eardrums, only adding to this sudden spine-chilling experience.

Steadily and carefully grabbing onto the book, an instant electric shock ran through your fingers once you got your hands on it, making you even curious as to what this book had to offer.

"My day one...for Heeseung?" that was what the first page read and as you skimmed through it, you quickly realized that this notebook was a composure of notes slammed into a book.

Notes that were meant for Heeseung to read, but if he was the one who this was meant for...then why was Sunoo the one who hid it?

What did these notes have that Sunoo didn't want Heeseung to see?

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I TOLD YOU GUYS THE DAYS SERIES WAS GOING TO BE IMPORTANT FOR THIS STORY-