Chapter 11: The Forbidden Century

???'s POV

???'s POV

"F*ck!!" Sunoo screamed, as he banged loudly on the table, disrupting my daydreaming, which was the only thing I had done for the past centuries I experienced.

"How on earth did we manage to lose TWO humans?!" he groaned, I'm not going to lie, it did sound very stupid from our part.

For countless of centuries, never once have we had an experience quite like this one...except for one time, 17th century, the century from which we shall never speak of ever again.

The forbidden century.

"Do you know what consequences will occur if we don't eliminate them?!" shouted Jungwon, we were all agitated from the situation that we placed ourselves upon.

"Who...who the f*ck lost them?!" Sunghoon howled, giving a crooked grin, a sarcastic one, like if he was slowly but surely driving himself towards insanity.

He looked towards me, furrowing his eyebrows, he knew it was me, of course it was me.

I was the one who let them go and I don't regret it.

He grabbed me by the collar, screaming:

"You f*cking did it didn't you?! You're the one with a weak heart here, you're the one who keeps taking this for granted, you should be f*cking grateful. I was the one who gave you everything you have, you'd be stuck back there if it wasn't for me."

I shook out from his grasp.

"So what if I did? Is it really worse than what you did to me?! I never asked for this life, I never asked to be this way!!" I cried, sometimes I'd remember the past, and the only thing I'd feel was envy. My past self, so unknowing of everything, just like it was supposed to be.

I saw myself in those two humans, they were so unknowing of the world behind them, behind the curtains, they lived their own lives, now they know the truth and must live with that truth, with the chaos that must come with that price.

Jungwon banged on the table, grabbing the attention of all of us in the room.

"Enough with this bullsh*t!! Crying here over the past isn't going to help any of us, we're all f*cked whether you know it or not. If those humans tell the police, they're going to do an investigation, we're going to have to go back to hiding again."

"We can't go back to hiding again, we've waited far too many centuries to hide, we need to continue our plan, there's no backing out now."

"It's all or nothing." That sentence kept ringing in my head, we've waited so many centuries, centuries of hiding, for this plan, this plan that I wasn't even sure if I agreed with.

Maybe I had the urge to end all of this, maybe that's why I decided to tag along, even if we all didn't have the same motives.

This life doesn't have anything it can give me, for it was already taken away from me.

My happiness, my life, my will to continue on this journey, everything was taken away from me.

All because of him.

He takes away lives, for the sake of it.

Maybe those two humans and I...we aren't so different as how I used to think.

"Jake." Jay called. He patted me on the back, while looking at the full moon, it's bloody red color blocking the dizzying light that once was a light that I loved. One that I cared for, but who knew that light would be the cause of my suffering? Such blinding light, I'd watch with my own eyes, as it came and went.

Now I hide, I hide in the shadows, hiding from light itself, life itself.

I'm missing out on life, for so many centuries, I never got enjoy the euphoric feeling of waking up in the morning and having such luminous sun rays shine brightly in front of me, while those humans are blessed with such sun, every single day.

Envy.

Envy fills my bones, envy fills my heart, I can't take it anymore.

Why am I with the ones who cause me this hatred towards this light? I was betrayed, I was betrayed and I'll never forgive them for it. No matter how many years have passed by, I trusted them, they were the only ones I knew.

They are the only ones whom which I know.

I'm lonely, all because of them.

It's not fair, it was never fair for me, for so many years have I lied saying I forgave, saying that this life was truly for the better.

But they would never believe me anyway.

How could such a lonely life be truly for the better? Was this truth so important to know, so important in fact, that I would have to sacrifice my happiness, my innocence, for such truth?

Just to live in chaos once more? Could such humans be ready for that? If I'm not ready for such truth, how could they possibly ever be?

"Jake." he called out once more, I finally snapped out of it.

"What?"

He grabbed me by the collar and whispered into my ear.

"You better find them, this was your mess that you decided to create. Do you expect us to clean it up for you?" I could sense him barring his teeth, giving a little crooked smile, sending shivers down my spine.

"Don't be weak."

That, was the last straw for me.