Chapter 12: Start of an Unforgotten War

I pushed him against the wall, his smile still perking up, now more bigger than ever

"Weak?! I might be many things in this life, but weak isn't one of them, I'll tell you that."

"Upset about the truth? Upset you're still a crybaby?" he teased, he was loving every single second of it, I hated him for that.

"We gave you life itself, we gave you everything that no one could possibly imagine, everything that no mortal could ever succeed."

"Yet you still find a way to complain?"

"Do mortals really want to live in fear? To live alone, hiding from the shadows?!"

"No possible human being could ever want such tragedy of a life." I uttered, absolutely astonished by him, truly believing that this life of ours, that we had to sacrifice, just for some truth that we don't even know of, is better than a mortal's life.

How much I envy and desire to have a mortal life, knowing you'll be immortal, for the rest of your life, scares me.

I don't want to be immortal, I just want to be happy, I want to have a family, I don't want to feel lonely any longer.

Not wanting to fight anymore, I decided to get ahold of myself, fighting wasn't going to kill him off, I wasn't even sure if I truly wanted that anyway.

Y/N'S POV

"Finally!!" you squealed, you were starting to see some light, from this dark, endless forest.

You had no idea how long it had been since Felix had passed out, but it felt like many hours passed by, your body felt like if it was about to collapse from all the exhaustion.

But you still decided to pull through, you couldn't just give up now, there was a reason why you had survived, right? To tell this to the public, to investigate what exactly did these vampires want from humans.

This couldn't possibly end here.

They made a mistake of letting you and Felix live, whether that was on purpose or not, that didn't matter. Point was, you and Felix weren't going to stay quiet, these murders couldn't possibly be covered up and forgotten.

Siyeon couldn't be forgotten like that, the least you could do to avenge her was to place the same fate towards the ones who were responsible in the first place.

It would only be fair, they must pay the price, by a thousand fold.

You'd let the authorities deal with them, you knew they wouldn't go easy with such strange, mysterious creatures, creatures who are a danger to society itself.

"Felix...come on you have to wake up, we're almost here, who's going to explain to the officers about what happened?!" he wouldn't respond, you barely could hold him down, even if you gave him a piggyback ride, he was just too heavy for you, that is why you were going so slow.

No matter how much you tried to pick up the pace, Felix would not let you do that at all.

Blood kept trickling, even if you tried to use your jacket as some sort of bandage, you couldn't stop it from running.

It hurt so badly, you knew you had a few minutes before death arrived for your unexpected passing away party.

And that's when you finally saw a person, a human, specifically a police officer.

"OVER HERE!!" you screamed at the top of your lungs, waving your hands around like a crazy person.

"PLEASE!! HELP US!! HELP US!" the police officer saw you and how distressed you were and ran towards the scene.

"What's seems to be the problem? What happened to him?" he pointed towards Felix, who still was unconscious.

"He fainted from the exhaustion as we were running away."

"From what?" you sighed...they would never believe any of you for you didn't have any sort of evidence nor witnesses, as Felix was certainly not going to be able to prove anything either.

"Vampires...living vampires." the police officer raised an eyebrow, of course he wouldn't believe you, it sounded crazy and stupid to the average human being, problem was that it was real.

You were even more frustrated, as not even Felix could back you up on this, or so you thought.

Because as soon as the police officer didn't believe you (you really couldn't blame him, even you wouldn't believe yourself, heck, you barely believe yourself now!) Felix miraculously woke up, in that moment you swore that angels could be heard singing.

"My...Phone...2...5...20...1...25" he whispered, barely even forming a coherent sentence.

As soon as the police officer looked down and saw all the bruises and scratches on your body, your DIY bandage and Felix's pale face, he freaked out, immediately calling for backup.

Finally you were being taken seriously for once.

You looked back towards Felix, who kept toying around with his phone.

"Why do you want your phone now?! Now is not time to press like hot girls' instagrams!! You can do that later!!" you spat out as he kept glaring at you.

Well now you knew that he was going to do anything but that.

Felix was slowly escaping back to his old state, as you were going to visit him as well, you both needed to do something and you needed to do it fast, before you'd pass out from exhaustion.

You decided to do what he told you to do, but what were the numbers for?

The password, duh, but why such a long password?! "What a secretive man..." you thought.

You put the password in and the first thing that showed up was his gallery, full of evidence of the vampires, with fangs and all. Having a giant smirk on your face, you looked down towards Felix, who already collapsed, then back to the police officer who was starting to freak out.

"Not very professional." you thought as you watched him walk in circles, wondering and questioning how he got this job in the first place.

While giving him the phone, you suddenly had a terrible headache, it was bursting through your head. Screaming, you went towards the floor, not having enough time to give the officer the phone, just falling straight towards the ground.

The police officer immediately grabbed the phone, staring at all the evidence Felix had taken and as soon as he took a small peak, you closed your eyes.

You were now escaping this world as you knew it, finally taking a rest from all the screaming, running and blood loss that you had been praying for the vampires not to smell (if the myths had been right for now, this must mean they weren't actually myths at all, but actually cold facts, although you wished they could've been just myths.)

But you finally did it, you showed the evidence to the world. Siyeon's, Gahyeon's, Yoohyeon's, Bora's, Minji's and Handong's death shall not be forgotten, as you believe they'd wish for it to be that way.

You did it, but why did you still feel heartbroken anyway? Why did you still feel, like you didn't accomplished anything?

This was only the beginning of a never-ending war that only you and Felix could lead and end it.