Chapter 53: Closed Blinds

It felt as though you were being timed, each second having a massive impact on you're fate, as you anxiously just stood there

"Y/N...this is your only chance." you whispered out loud, as your breath suddenly felt heavier then before, making it harder to breathe normally.

"But I can't...I can't leave him like that."

"I can't leave him like how I left her...I won't forgive myself for abandoning someone again!!" you screamed at the top of your lungs as you bolted out of the door while quickly running towards his room, bursting through his door...

Only to find a blank Sunghoon, hugging himself tightly as he stared at the window, shaking violently.

The window's blinds had been rolled up, completely covering the window's view, but from what you could tell, the only thing the blinds were covering was just the view of many trees and the soft, comforting rain.

It seemed relaxing, honestly.

"Sunghoon...?" you called out, but his body did not move an inch, as if you weren't even there next to him.

Like he wasn't in this world, but another.

His eyes were just staring at the window, vacantly, while his breath seemed to tighten, almost like if he was slowly forgetting how to breathe.

You didn't know what you were staring at...until a sudden flashback made you realize what was truly going on.

FLASHBACK

Right as the vampires opened the door and were starting to slowly fade away from your view, Ni-ki turned to you, almost like if he had forgotten something important.

"Y/N! God I almost forgot to tell you!"

"What is it, Ni-ki?" he slowly went up to you and put his arm against your shoulder, while turning you away from Sunghoon's view. It was like if he was purposely making sure that Sunghoon couldn't hear nor see what he was doing.

"I need you to remember something just incase if it rains."

"God don't tell me you guys get leaks around here-"

"Well yea- but no. I just need you to keep on eye on Sunghoon if it rains." you moved back as your eyes slowly narrowed, looking at him with a confused expression on your face while unknowingly pouting your lips.

" you moved back as your eyes slowly narrowed, looking at him with a confused expression on your face while unknowingly pouting your lips

"Trust me he can get a bit...anxious."

"Why so?" you curiously asked, as he gave you a soft chuckle at how curious you were, all while giving you an odd smile.

"It's not my story tell, Y/N, you'll just have to wait and hear it from himself." a loud scoff escaped your lips, knowing well that was definitely not going to happen.

"Yea like that's ever going to happen." you rolled your eyes, meanwhile he just let out a small sigh, shrugging his shoulders.

"Who knows? He might just surprise you."

END OF FLASHBACK

Well he definitely surprised you...but not in a good way!!

"Sunghoon." you called out again, this time sounding more confident, extending your hand towards him, like if you were asking if he needed help.

Yet he wouldn't respond, instead he started to rock himself back in forth, like if he was trying to comfort himself when no one was there to do so.

Your fingers grasped onto his arm, making him look at you directly in the eyes with such vulnerability in his face.

"Y/N..." his voice sounded as if he was choking through his own words, like if your name itself was hard to swallow.

His hands gently brushed yours, as a you the sensed a soft tingle down your spine. In that moment, you were as out of it as he was, everything was feeling like a blur.

"I won't use you this time...I won't control you anymore...I have to move on from you." his lips turned into a sad smile, as his hand tightly held yours. You were left wondering what the f*ck he was trying to say with such words, before it suddenly hit you.

He was using you...you were right, he was playing with you, but not in the way you originally expected.

"Back in that party, the masquerade, as soon as you looked at me...you...you were playing tricks with me, weren't you? You were controlling me. " your voice was starting to turn croaky as you finally realized.

Sunghoon's power was mind-controlling and he was using it from the very beginning...you just hadn't realized.

He wouldn't say a word, only staring deeply at closed blinds, covering his ears completely, trying his best to refrain from hearing such rain drops. His silence was only adding more fuel to your fire, making much more agitated and emotional.

You weren't in your normal state and neither was he.

"Y/N..." a breathy voice spoke out to you, one that sounded like it was having trouble breathing. You looked around to find nothing, nothing but a dead man looking at the covered window.

"Y/N...look under the bed." the voice commanded, as a light source slowly flickered and shines from beneath Sunghoon's bed.

Slowly getting down towards the floor, you turned your head towards the light and carefully  stuck your hand, trying to find the source...but all that you found was...

"A knife?" a small butcher knife that looked quite old and looked to be covered in blood that had ran dry. You knew that it couldn't be Sunghoon's, as a knife like that one served no purpose for him or any of the vampires.

So...where did the knife come from? That question you really could not answer.

You drew your finger towards the knife's edge, accidentally drawing the attention of the vampire that sat by.

Those cat-like eyes were back, watching your every move and were ready strike in any moment given.

"Kill him...kill him..." multiple voices chanted, as you looked down towards your butcher knife, that was now covered in blood, and then to your hand, that seemed severely injured.

"Kill...him...kill him..." the voices only grew louder and louder, getting so loud that you couldn't even hear your own screams, only hearing a high pitched, ringing noise.

"Kill him...kill him...KILL IT!" your hands suddenly lost control as you slashed his neck with your knife, stabbing it right into his collarbone.

Now all that there was left, was silence.