101. All Gone

Art by @queentoriel on Twitter

Spent so long trying to find the artist of this fanart.

3rd Person Omniscient POV

George's breathing becomes sporadic and uncontrollable as he kneels in front of his two best friends covered in blood.

"No, why couldn't we have gotten along?" he cries out. He shifts toward Dream, one hand brushing away a strand of hair from his pale, still face. "I don't care you hurt, or killed, or manipulated. I don't care that you tried to hurt me. I was willing to start over with you. I just wanted the good old days back. Ones where we were friends."

He turns to Sapnap.

"I wanted you to forgive Dream. I wanted the three of us back. But you killed him," he sobs. "And I killed you."

He buries his face in his bloody hands.

George grabs his sword, backing away from his two best friends. He wipes his tears with the back of his hand.

"I killed you both. I wasn't here in time to save you," he points at Dream. "I shouldn't have killed you," he points at Sapnap.

George turns around and sprints away as fast as he can.

Once George is gone, Y/N runs into the clearing and kneels next to Dream.

"Love," her fingers shake as she brushes them against his lips. "You did it all for me. You died for me. I got the Book of Death but that doesn't matter now. It can't bring you back."

She lies down on top of Dream's chest, her hand resting on the stab wound at his neck.

"All I want is for you to wake up."

Her head rests on his still chest and her tears drip down her face.

Strangely, the tears are golden. They run down Dream's chest and onto the injury at his abdomen.

A few golden sparks dance from Y/N's hand, swirling against Dream's neck.

All is quiet and still. Even the wind seems to be watching in silence.

DreamXD rests his jaw in his hands as he perched himself in the tree.

"Come on," he whispers. "You've had these powers coursing through your veins for too long, now is the time to use them."

The sparks soon turn to wisps of magic. Y/N glances up and sees the golden swirls spiraling out of her fingertips.

"Wait if I'm part evoker," her hand drifts toward Dream. "And I can talk to ghosts and visit limbo, can I also revive?"

Her hand rests on his neck as her eyes glow purple.

DreamXD scoffs.

"You can do all those things because you're bound to the Revival Book, although, being part evoker definitely helps," he muses.

Y/N concentrates, feeling the power surge through her body. Dream's body begins to glow purple and gold.

The wind picks up, swirling around the two of them.

Y/N holds out her hand as a glowing green orb appears in her palm. Without a second thought, she plunges the orb into his chest.

Dream bolts up, panting and shaking, also causing Y/N to be flung off.

His hands brush against his neck, but nothing.