71. Visits

Art by @zeartfish on Twitter

Dream POV

"Leave me alone!" I run to the other end of the cell and Quackity turns menacingly, axe in hand.

"Dream," he softly whispers, running one finger along the blade of the axe. "Don't run away."

"Get away from me!" I run into the corner by the chest and crouch behind it.

"Dream," he whispers again. Quackity walks closer and corners me, holding his axe out.

"Now, this is much better isn't it?"

I shake my head, staring at the axe blade.

"You know this is getting kinda boring, coming here everyday, trying to force the book out of you."

"You don't have to come— you can just— stop."

Quackity's eyes flash with anger.

"I do, I have to get that book. You don't understand but I have to come everyday. And until you give me the book, I'll continue to, every fucking day, you understand me?"

I nod.

"To remind you what your done to me and to others. I wouldn't want you to forget."

"I won't forget, I won't forget," I whisper.

"Good, good," he smiles. "I want you to write a letter to Techno, asking him to visit you."

"Why?"

"Why not? He's your best buddy right? You haven't seen him in a while."

"Yore just going to trap him in here with me!"

Quackity moves toward me, in a flash, the axe is pressed against my neck.

"You will write me a fucking letter to give to Techno, asking for him to visit. If you do, I'll leave you alone for a while, how's that?"

I glance up at his eyes, cold and merciless.

"If you don't, I will fucking kill you."

"Alright, alright! I'll write it!"

I slowly reach into the chest and pull out a book and quill. My hands shake as I dip the quill into the ink pot.

"What do you want it to say?"

I look up to meet his twisted evil grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Shhhh," Niki covers Ranboo's mouth as he desperately holds back a laugh. "He'll hear us."

Phil loads his crossbow with fireworks and nods.

"Hide," Y/N whispers. The three of them scramble to hide underneath a window sill as Y/N knocks on the door.

Trying to hide her smile, she patiently waits as loud footsteps echo from the upper floor. The door opens a crack and half of Techno's face appears.

"Y/N?" he asks. She smiles.

"Hey Techno."

He opens the door fully and engulfs her in a hug.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just dropped by to see you," she replies. He releases her from the hug and steps forward but she blocks his way. "Do you know what today is?"

"Uh, Tuesday?"

She laughs.

"Yes, but it's a special day."

"What?"