95. New Home

Art by @Percivale_ on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Punz closes one of the chests after stashing the last few diamonds in his ender chest. His bright blue eyes dart around the empty space he once called home.

The prison collapse definitely didn't kill them. In a few hours, they'll be after me. I have to go. Now.

He checks his things one last time. All valuables stored in his ender chest. His shulker box holds even armor and enchanted books that he couldn't fit.

With one last sweep around his tower and his house, Punz lets out a long sigh.

He goes to the river first and places a boat with a chest. Filling the chest with an last minute items, he walks back.

His hands fumble to grab the TNT from his belt, placing it everywhere inside and outside his property.

After stepping back a few feet, he raises his bow, the arrow already flaming.

The string is released and the arrow flies trinity the air. Punz turns and bolts in the opposite direction as quick as he can. Only at a safe enough distance does he look back.

A smoking scatter is the only thing that remains of his home.

He clears his throat and swallows several tears that threaten to break through.

His home.
The home he built since the start.
Was gone.
He had to.

His legs feel numb as he forces them to move. With one last glance over his shoulder, he runs toward the boat.

Punz grabs the oats and rows away, giving the Smp one final glance.

After what seems like hours of traveling, he finally reaches a birch forest. He glances at the note Dream gave him again before checking his coordinates.

Yup, this is the right spot.

Really Dream?

BIRCH

Punz just sighs and ties a length of rope to his boat and drags it onto land, pulling it along with him to the coordinates Dream gave him.

He passes the dizzying zebra striped wood and visibly cringes with every step.

As he moves closer and closer to his destination, he begins to hear voices.

"Don't burn it down," Dream's voice says, fighting to stay calm.

"Why?" Eryn's voice asks. There's the clicking of something and the faint scent of smoke in the air before it's gone.

"We need the trees for concealment," Dream says, a rustling sound follows. "And a forest on fire is definitely not hidden."

"Well did it occur to you that this forest is BIRCH?!" Eryn suddenly shouts. Punz tiredly pulls his boat into the clearing and frowns.

Eryn stands there with 4 chests surrounding him, flint and steel in hand.

Michael stands next to him with two chests and looks visibly annoyed.

Dream stands in front of them, somewhat calm but the clenching of his fists tell otherwise.

Around them are black patches on the surrounding trees' trunks and leaves.

"Ah Punz," Dream's white mask meets Punz's eyes. "I was wondering when you'd show up."

"Sorry," Punz says not looking very sorry. "It's hard to move an entire base's worth of things."

"Yeah, yeah," Dream rolls his eyes before lunging forward and grabbing Eryn's wrist in his hand, wrenching the flint and steel from his grasp. "What did I just say?" His voice lowers an octave, almost a growl.