91. Hunters

Art by @smuglar on Twitter

Y/N POV

I wake up to find warm arms wrapped around my waist. I glance over my shoulder to find Dream, fast asleep and shirtless. Then the memories of last night flood back.

Quietly, I detach his arms from my waist and go to find my own clothes. I decide to put on some underwear and shorts. Then I switch the out his hoodie for my bra and a black hoodie.

My fingers brush against a dark bruise which has formed on my neck. Luckily the armor will hide it.

"Love?" I hear Dream's raspy and deep morning voice call to me.

"Yeah?"

I walk back to him and find him sprawled out, his eyes barely open. I lean down and kiss him which makes his eye open.

"Slept well?" His voice is still deep.

"Yeah, but my legs hurt. Thanks to you."

Dream just chuckles. "Thanks to me."

I leave him in bed while I go to put on my armor and grab my belt.

"Where are you going?" Dream leans against the wall with a smirk watching me. He's still shirtless.

"To check in on the Smp, see if there's anything interesting."

"Hmmm," he grabs my waist and pulls me in for a kiss. "Don't be long."

I run one finger along his bare chest.

"I won't."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take a deep breath of fresh air as I head along the Prime Path. The sky is bright and clear and a cool breeze ripples through.

I decide to head to my house by the L'Manburg crater to grab anything I might need. While shifting items around in a chest, I hear a voice behind me.

"So you're back huh?" I turn to find Sapnap standing there, sword in hand.

"Yeah," I smile out of reflex.

"You were gone a while on that adventure." He points at the note which lies on the chest. "I was worried."

"Why?" I fake a confused glance.

"Dream," he answers simply. "There've been no sightings of him so far but we're all still on high alert. Tommy's house got trapped by Dream and we're slowly gathering people for an army, to take down Dream once and for all."

"Sapnap, maybe he decided to go somewhere, ya know, be away from the mess he created," I try to reason.

"Oh cut the bullshit Y/N. You and I both know that he didn't get out of prison to take a vacation. He broke out to get revenge and I hope he does," his eyes darken and his hand slips into his belt, gripping onto something. "So I can kill him."

"Okay, okay," I step back slightly, confused at his strange change of tone.

Sapnap takes his hand out of his belt and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I've been feeling really weird recently since I—" he cuts himself off. "Never mind."

"Okay, well I'm actually planning to move into a base that I built in the forest," I lie. "I just came back to get some stuff."

"Okay." Sapnap's eyes dart around for a few seconds before leaning down to whisper in my ear. "I know where Dream's hiding, he's in the prison."

My blood runs cold.