25. Chaos and Tensions

Art by @vantaasy on Twitter

On this momentous day, April 9, 2022, at 7:00 pm EST, Tommyinnit is no longer a child by age but will forever remain a child in our hearts.

Happy Birthday, Tommy! 🥳🎉🎊🎂

Dream POV

I quickly carry Tubbo down the steps and lay him down on a bed.

"Tubbo," Wilbur whispers and kneels by his side, stroking his hair. I quickly pull out some bandages and potions.

Wilbur tips a regeneration potion into his mouth while I examine the wounds.

One burn on his face. His hands are burnt since he put them up to block most of the force. His stomach and chest have small burns but the rest of his body is relatively unscathed. Tommy really saved him.

"How bad is it?" Wilbur asks softly.

"He'll survive but he'll need to rest," I mutter. "Grab me some water and a cloth will you?"

He nods and goes into a different room. I lay out the bandages and potions.

Schlatt really is a tyrant. He just tried to kill a child. I mean, not that I haven't done that before. But really? Tubbo? Tommy at least did some bad things. Tubbo never did anything bad that I know of.

Wilbur returns with a wooden bowl filled with water and a damp cloth. I work on cleaning Tubbo's wounds and pouring some of the healing potions on them before wrapping the bandages tightly.

I hear footsteps and loud, angry voices approaching. Wilbur and I both stand up as
Y/N, Tommy, and Techno come running down the stairs.

They're all angry and yelling at each other.

"Woah, Woah, Woah." I grab Y/N's hand and pull her away as she pushes Tommy back out of frustration. "What happened?"

"He's telling me that I'm a traitor since I killed Tubbo," Techno says, trying to remain calm.

"You were supposed to be on our side!" Tommy yells and Wilbur quietly shushes him, pointing to Tubbo. Tommy kneels down next to his friend and whispers something to him.

"I was under immense amounts of peer pressure," Techno defends.

"You could have just killed Schlatt!" Tommy yells.

"Well, I did end up injuring both of them," he shrugs. "But if I did, the whole crowd would jump me, I'm not stupid."

"And, Tommy said 'I'll create a distraction' and immediately ran to me for help," Y/N frowns. "He led the whole party towards me and I had to lose them and help Tommy with his countless injuries. I was trying to make sure that Techno was okay!"

"Why are you siding with Techno?!" Tommy yells. "He almost killed Tubbo!"

"It wasn't his fault!" she screams back at him.

"Look Tommy," Wilbur steps in. "This just proves the point that no one is on our side, not even the people we can trust. People only listen to those who have the most power."

He's right. I'm fighting against Manburg, not with Pogtopia. There's a difference. I can't trust anyone, except, Y/N.
I need to be the one in power, or else no one will listen and the Smp will be plunged into chaos.

Y/N and I leave the three to bicker and settle their differences.

"Dream, why are we even helping Pogtopia?"Y/N asks once we're outside. "They're just as weak as Manburg in terms of support. Both are falling apart from the inside out as their supporters are starting to do what they want rather than for the good of the whole."