80. Jealousy

Art by @sennhah on Twitter

Y/N POV

I sigh as I open my ender chest, taking out absolutely everything before finding the gold I need to make more golden carrots.

Around me are enchanted books, emeralds, diamonds, spare pieces of netherite armor and tools, some half finished, and impossibly more things.

Around the small house are chests scattered everywhere but they're all filled with stone, wood, dirt, seeds, sticks, and other useless items easily craftable. In addition to other useless items. All my valuables are kept inside ender chest which makes it a pain to find anything.

But it's for safety. I can leave in an instant. Especially if, they come for me.

A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts. I cautiously approach the door, sword drawn and open it slowly.

I sigh with relief and stick my sword back into my belt. I open the door wider to find Technoblade standing there, sword over his shoulder.

"Techno!" I smile and hug him tightly. He returns the hug and buries his face in my hair.

"Hello Aphrodite," he mumbles against my head. Lovely day huh?"

The sky is covers in dark, gray clouds and the air is dense and humid. Lovely day indeed.

"Heavy snow up in the north, wouldn't be surprised if heavy rain's headed your way."

"Come inside then." I open the door and allow him to step through. As he enters, I shut the door and carefully lock it.

"You're really paranoid huh?" Techno leans against the wall with his arms crossed.

"You can never be too safe. If they decide to come after me..." I pat the ender chest. "I'm ready to run."

"Speaking of running," Techno pauses before walking close to me and staring me in the eyes. "You might want to."

"Why?"

"Dream. He sounded so angry and vengeful in prison. He wants you dead Y/N. I told him not to kill you and threatened to kill him if he hurts you but he'll find a way. You can stay with me."

"Techno, you forgot that I'm part pillager just like him. I can take him in a fight."

"Y/N," Techno grabs my hand. "It's not that. He's out for vengeance. He'll do anything to try and get back at you. You betrayed him after all."

I slip my hand out of his grasp and stare out the window. Rain begins to fall, the droplets pattering on the glass.

"Did he really not believe me? I sent him the letter." He would have tried to destroy it right?"

Maybe Sam found it and tried to destroy it. Then he would have found out.

"Maybe he never got it? Maybe Sam read it."

I smash my fist against the wall in frustration. My eyes glow deep purple. I pull my fist back and see that the wood is splintered and cracked where I punched it.

"That's exactly what I don't want Techno! I didn't want Sam to read it!"

"Only if he—"

"Techno!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He backs up and puts his hands up defensively, waiting for me to calm down. "Listen, I have to stay low too. They saw me break him out in broad daylight."

I drop into one of the chairs and tug at my
Y/H/C hair.

"Anyways guess what?" Techno grins.

"I'm not guessing, just tell me," I respond back tiredly.