27. The Battle Begins

Art by @AKShima17 on Reddit

Dream POV

I pull on a white T-shirt, lime green hoodie with my signature smile, black jeans, fingerless gloves, combat boots, and of course, my mask.

What else do I need?
I have my sword, axe, shield, pickaxe, golden apples, god apples, ender pearls, potions of speed, strength, regeneration, fire resistance, and a couple of healing and turtle master. A water bucket, obsidian for building, harming potions.

"Dream?" Y/N stands in the doorway, armor already on.

"Yes?" I turn around and smile.

Her eyes skim the mess of armor parts on the floor and sighs.

"Let me help you."

Y/N picks up the chest plate and straps it around my chest. I stand still, letting her fingers lightly brush against me.

"You ready?" She asks.

"Hah, no."

"None of us are, but we just have to play this strategically."

I turn and grab her hand, bringing it to my lips.

"Love, I don't want to put you in any danger. If things get too intense, you need to leave."

I can't bear the thought of her dying on the battlefield.

"Okay three things," she grabs my chin and looks into my eyes with her Y/E/C ones. "One, no one's going to die during at least the first phase. Two, I can handle myself. And three, you're not in control of me."

"I'm just looking out for you." I sigh.

"I know." she finishes putting on my armor.

I turn the small object in my hands.

"I have some last-minute instructions to give, I'll meet you where I told you."

Y/N nods and we both exit, going our separate ways for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eret," I stand before the king of the Dream Smp in his throne room.

"Yes Dream?" Eret looks regal as always with his royal robes and golden crown.

"You have a lot of power, meaning your throne, castle, and crown. Therefore, I am ordering you to stay neutral in this upcoming war. By staying out of this conflict, Manburg and Pogtopia will destroy each other, which leaves the Dream Smp an opportunity to take over everything."

"Yes Dream, I understand."

I smile.

"Good, I'll see you after the war."

I turn to leave and catch a glimpse of Eret glancing nervously at Manburg from the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N, Sapnap, Punz, and Purpled all stand in front of the base.

"Where's Karl?" Sapnap asks.

"Not sure," I glance around. "He should have been back."

"Dream!" Karl runs up to us, out of breath. "Eret is joining Pogtopia in the war."

"What?! I just told him to stay neutral!" I hiss furiously. "Wait here," I point at them. "I'll be back."

I need to find someone who can be neutral.

George.

"Dream!" Punz runs up behind me. "I want to come to."

"Fine."

He nods and we both run off to find George and Eret.

We meet with George and Eret in his throne room.

"Eret," I pause and glance at George who looks confused. "As king of the Dream Smp, you are supposed to stay neutral in such events. By taking a side you have established the alliance of the entire Dream Smp nation. Therefore, I dethrone you as king. Please remove your crown."

Eret looks upset and wants to protest my decision but sighs and takes off his crown.

I take it from him and gesture to Punz as he is led out of the castle.

"George, I crown you as king of the Dream Smp." I place the crown on his head and he smiles.

"Thank you, now I think I have some work to do." he glances around the castle.

"I'm making Callahan your squire," I say before quickly running back to my allies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shh," I command and Punz falls silent behind me. We both crouch under the bushes and wait. We hear footsteps.

Tommy, Wilbur, Techno, Niki, Quackity, Fundy, and Tubbo all gather at the base of the Intimidation Tower.

"Let's ambush them and hope to at least weaken them a bit," I mutter. Punz nods and pulls out his sword and a strength potion.

I grip my axe and count us down.

Punz and I both leap out and ambush the Pogtopians who are caught by surprise.

I quickly go after Quackity while Punz goes for Fundy.

I give Quackity a few small slashes across the chest and Punz knocks Fundy down the hill.

Techno and the rest turn towards us and I know there's no chance we can take them alone.

"Fall back!" I yell and Punz obeys. We sprint into the trees and duck for cover.

As we regroup with Sapnap, Purpled, and Y/N, Schlatt and Karl run toward us.

"They've taken Eret's eastern tower," Schlatt says.

"Let's push forward, we need to regain our grip." The army charges forward but I grab
Y/N and pull her aside. "You remember my signal for surrender, yes?"

"Yes," she grimaces. "I just hope they will listen to our surrender."

"Let's hope that too."

As we approach the tower, we are fired on by the Pogtopians.

"They have control of the tower!" Sapnap yells.

"Return their fire!" I order.

They all pull out bows and crossbows and begin firing.

Suddenly, a blast of color and heat flies down and I duck out of the way. I glance up to see Techno pointing his crossbow at us, loading it with another firework.

"Dream!" Y/N pushes me out of the way as another firework crashes down. This one is from a different crossbow.

They all have firework launchers.

The fireworks continue to fall on us until Wilbur starts yelling commands. Half of the Pogtopians jump down and half head North to the docks while the other half head South towards Manburg.

The army advances toward us and I hold my shield.

Y/N's eyes lock with mine and I see them turning purple.

Let's do this.

——————————————————————————————

1,027 words

I'm doing a double chapter upload since these two kind of go together so I'll be relaxing both around the same time.

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!