87. Death Book

Art by @J_is_Typing on Twitter

I hate you all

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Dreeeaaaam," Sapnap calls. He grips his sword in his right hand. "Where are you?"

He jumps into the water and slowly glides down from a cliff. His eyes dart around looking for any flash of blonde.

"Come on, you know you want to see me."

Sapnap pulls out his trident and cuts through the water effortlessly, making his way to the opposite bank. He continues checking in random structures and underneath cliffs.

He could be anywhere.

"Maybe he went back to his old base," he mutters. Sapnap immediately heads to Dream's old base, tucked away in a mountain. Not the Dream Smp fortress but Dream's special hideout.

He stands at the entrance, holding his sword in front of him as he enters.

It's dark and dusty everywhere. Sapnap holds in a cough in case Dream is waiting for him. His hand fumbles for a lighter which he holds in front of him to see.

His feet stumble over a chest and the lighter strikes against the wood, catching it on fire.

"Shit."

The fire quickly spreads to the wooden floor, walls, and ceiling. The chests burst into flames and looks like flaming balls of orange. Sapnap coughs, waving away the smoke before noticing a chest sitting in the center. Unlike the others, this one was placed on a piece of bedrock.

What? Bedrock? How is that even possible?

He lifts the lid and feels around inside. His hands grasp against someone firm and he quickly yanks it out. The fire becomes larger and he's surrounded by flame.

Quickly drinking a fire resistance potion, Sapnap shoves his way through the fire and tumbles down the mountain side.

He groans sitting up and reaches to his side for the book he grabbed.

It's made of black leather with black letters stamped on the cover which are faded and peeling slightly. Curiously, he opens it.

BOOK OF DEATH

Summon a god by writing a name in this book.

God will kill both you and them.

God will tell them before they die who it is in courtesy of.

Sapnap's eyes shine as he turns the page.

This book cannot be replicated.

If the owner of the book completely dies, the book vanishes.

If the target or the owner of this book completely dies, they do not have a ghost. They do not go to limbo. They cease to exist.

He turns the page again.